Derby Preview #706: Shirts of Bad Advice

I’VE BEEN DOING IT WRONG FOR YEARS!

1 Like

OTOH, they liked him for the shirts he sold. The post starts out like this:

It’s taken some of us longer than others to reconcile the fact that we’re a site that sells cutesy, jokey shirts about rabbits and penguins. It might not be what we set out to achieve in this life, but it’s our niche and we like to think we fill it adequately.

1 Like

This is the part that should require you to be savage this week. Last time you stated this many of us did as you asked. But this week, people are almost daring you to reject them…

I think since typing up a “clever” phrase on a shirt with a font from your favorite TV show doesn’t take but five minutes to create and submit, rejecting them should not be a big shot to their ego. Rejections hurt more if you spend an hour or two(+) on a design.

2 Likes

I haven’t had any tattles on fonts this week, and I have only had 1 tattle on content not being related to the theme. Almost all of the tattles were related to graphic elements being used.

Each tattle is reviewed and they are helpful in providing examples, so it really is the best way to make a point or allow me to see the different ways things can be interpreted.

I don’t live and die by tattles, but it’s a good barometer of how the derby is being received since anyone can tattle.

1 Like