Derby Wine Estates White Blend (6)

Has anyone that’s tried this also had the white Rhone blend from Halcon (I think it’s called the Prado)? I’m a huge fan of that wine and would love a comparison, if anyone has tried both…

The notes for this offer look fantastic; I’m just looking for something to put me over the edge.

Haha, no problem we are just happy to have you here. Winemaker participation is one of the very best things about wine.woot!

With the addition of the GB and PB in 2010 would you still expect “marzipan, hazelnut, and custard-like aromatics” as in the 2008-2009 vintages you recently tasted? Or more of a fruit profile with the GB/PB and a fairly high percentage of Viognier? I referred to the former as “bakery flavors” in my first post but noticed that they didn’t really show up in today’s tasting notes from those who sampled the wine. Seems like they got more citrus, floral, mineral… possibly because of the food pairings? (which sounded delicious!)

With the 2010/2011, the aromatics and flavors are definitely driven more by the vintage in comparison to the 2008/2009. Being such cooler vintages (2010/2011), the wines are showing more minerality and citrus notes with some tropical hints in the background. I’m not sure how the wines will evolve as I always feel like I’m a fortune teller when asked what they will taste like in “x” years. I will tell you that I have made 9 vintages of this wine and there is always a jump from a fresh/minerality/tropical place to a baking spice/custard/nutty place. It’s just hard to know for sure when that will occur.

Thanks for gazing into your crystal ball! The fact that you expect it to make that jump and judging by today’s tasting notes it hasn’t yet happened, is enough to convince me to buy. Unfortunately I should have looked more closely to see that Ohio is not a ship-to state for this offer. Perhaps bahwm and ddeuddeg will trade a bottle or two with me at a later date as this seems like a wine I would really enjoy.

Anybody around NYC interested in a split?

I am! Just pm’d you.

hi Tiffinee, thanks for joining the Fray!

Oh, fnur! I was just at the point of debating whether to only get six bottles, or go in for the whole case, and then I see this. :frowning:
(I wouldn’t have even thought to check otherwise … I’m so used to Ohio being ON the list more often than not!)

UPDATE: Shipping to Ohio (OH) has been added to today’s offer.

*** Winery Error***
OH now on the ship to list. Calling all buckeyes!

Well the good news is that Ohio IS a ship to state for Derby Wine Estates, but somehow we messed that up. Luckily the fabulous Woot folks were able to fix our mistake and we are happy to say that you can now order in Ohio. Sorry for the confusion…we love Ohio!!

Awesome, glad I checked back! I can spare a couple bottles for foobarski if he misses it.

Last wooter to woot:chipgreen
Last purchase:2 minutes ago

And I PM’d you in return. Who’s buying?

No Washington State… Now that is one rare occasion. Guess I need to move to California??

Well, hope I did the right thing…

Still in! PM’d.