$84.99 $168.00 49% off List Price
2010 Derby Fifteen 10 White Rhone Blend, Paso Robles
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
4/27/15

[winenotes]
These are my notes from back in April.

A few nights ago, bahwm and I had an opportunity to taste the Derby Wine Estates 2010 Fifteen 10 White. One glance at the varietals, and I expected to be in for a treat. I wasn’t disappointed. Upon opening, despite the wine being a bit too cold, it had a very complex nose. I had a tough time singling out components except for citrus and some floral notes. There’s some kind of earthiness there that is very appealing, but I can’t describe it better. First sip is citrus, jasmine, white flowers, some flinty minerals. Smooth and steady on the palate, with a nice finish.

We had deliberately challenged the wine with a flavor-filled meal: swordfish sauced with lime juice, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, and shallots; Swiss chard with pine nuts, a touch of hot pepper flakes, truffle oil and lavender vinegar; snow peas with lemon-infused EVOO; jasmine rice. Each dish brought out another flavor sensation in the wine. I got more citrus, green apples, ripe Bartlett pears, pineapple. The wine was more than a match for a meal with plenty of sweet, hot, and savory flavors. I could enjoy this delightful wine as a porch sipper, but we’re more likely to pair it with a wide variety of summer meals, including picnics in the park. I guessed a price in the mid-$20s. The winery website isn’t showing this vintage any more, but has the 2011 at $24. Looks like the only place to get the lovely 2010 is right here at wine.woot. At this price, it’s irresistible. :tongue:

I’m sorry- I must have missed this. When did the stats quit showing first purchaser? I’ve looked thru lots of threads but can’t find it. I don’t come to wine woot very often as my state can’t purchase.

About a week ago, and for no good reason. They still show up on the sales stats page, just not in the first post of the comments.

We moved them from the first post to clean up the threads a bit. It’s still on the sale page in the Sales Stats tab.

Hey wooters! I’m Tiffinee, winemaker for Derby. I’ll be around today to answer your questions, so fire away!

Were they dirty? :tongue:

The sales map sometimes inspires comments, the number of which have been slowly but steadily shrinking across woot sites. Additional comments lead to additional interest which can lead to additional sales. The sales map also inspires additional sales when mill or another respected wooter is “first sucker” or “last wooter to woot”. Sometimes wooters are compelled to make a purchase just to get their state to “light up” on the map. The sales map also allows people to gratuitously see their own name in lights for a little while after making a purchase. I don’t see any of those things happening with the sales map buried under a tab on another page. Perhaps there should be some additional internal discussion about the pros and cons of this decision?

Hi Tiffinee, thanks for joining us again. I really enjoyed your Pinot Noir and already grabbed some of these Fifteen10s last time they were up in April. Glad to see you back and hope we will continue to get regular offers for Derby wines!

Hey Chip! Great to hear! ching-ching

There is only one problem with your line of thinking. Every single bit of it is just plain good sense. That will never fly at the mothership. :frowning:

[winenotes]
These are my notes from back in April. Apparently, I really liked this wine! :slight_smile:

Last week ddeuddeg and I had the pleasure of tasting the 2010 Derby Wine Estates Derby Vineyard Fifteen 10 White Wine at 13.2% alc. I put it in the freezer for an hour to do a quick chill. Then, we put it in the fridge while we did dinner prep. This time we remembered to take it out before we got into the fragrant aspect of our prep and cooking!

Upon first pour, I just sat and appreciated the beautiful nose on this wine. It had so many wonderful aromas that I was in no hurry to taste. On the nose, I was getting a lot of floral, some honey suckle, rich stone fruit, perhaps nectarine and pear.

I was really intrigued by the blend of grapes used in this wine: 34% Rousanne, 27% Viognier, 21% Marsanne, 9% Grenache Blanc and 9% Picpoul Blanc. Upon first tasting, this wine was much more crisp on the palate than I expected, but not too crisp. It may have been a bit too cold. As the wine warmed, it developed a smoother finish. There was a certain minerality evident. It paired beautifully with the swordfish prep that ddeuddeg did and also worked well with the other accompaniments. (See ddeuddeg’s post for details.) When I add the oils and vinegars to our accompaniments, I try to select them so that they compliment the main portion of the entrée, each other and the wine.

This is a well-made, well-balanced wine. I believe that we will have to add some of this to our cellar.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

maybe Woot will listen, they should.

I know when I saw “mill” it was my kind of wine!

I totally agree with this and what others have posted here. While many businesses understand the concept “if it ain’t broke don’t fixt it” Woot seems to embrace the concept “if it ain’t broke, break it”.

Please surprise us Woot, bring back the sales stats here. Who knows, it might get you more sales.

They come and go for me. About 50/50. Really odd.