Desktops, Monitors & Printers

I’ve been watching for a good printer for a few weeks now, was pleased to see these 2! Then I looked at amazon reviews. I guess I’ll keep waiting

http://www.amazon.com/Hewlett-Packard-Officejet-4620-Wireless/product-reviews/B006M1N850/ref=sr_1_1_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Deskjet-3520-All-One/product-reviews/B008N187I0/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

How the HP Pavilion P7-1539, with the A10-5800K, didn’t sell out before all those with the A10-5700 did is beyond me…

300W power supply??? How does the hardware even operate?

Based on the systems left for sale, which one would ya’ll say is the best in terms of performance?

Just ordered the P7-1455 since the i7 one was sold out, and I needed a cheap PC sooner than later.

Would like to install an SSD for the OS to boot from, but it looks like it has 3.5 inch bays…I have never installed an SSD before, is it as simple as buying a 2.5 inch SSD and a 3.5 inch adapter?

Depends on what you want to use it for.

Most left have the A10-5700 in it. If you are looking for combo CPU/GPU production go with one of them. The other has an i3/i5 (can’t remember). If you are not looking to play games, etc. and just want a more traditional use go with that as that CPU is better than the A10 but the graphics side takes a hit.

The two good computers (H8 models with 460W power supply) are sold out. The ones still available are fine considering the bargain price, but they’re only suitable for basic tasks like internet browsing, email, word processing etc. And they are only minimally upgradable with their slow processors and 300W power supplies. So don’t buy any of them unless all you need is a basic simple computer.

Can anyone offer any experience with the other AOC monitors that are left (the non IPS)? I’m currently staring at a monitor that’s gone into a yellow tint and I’m ready to replace!

I’m thinking of picking up one of the remaining few. Any thoughts on what to go with? I don’t do much gaming, but I do want to add in a blu-ray drive. I also do some simple video editing once in a while.

You want this one:
HP Pavilion P7-1430 Desktop, AMD A10-5700 Quad-Core 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, 2TB SATA, USB 3.0, Radeon HD 7660D, 802.11n, Win 8.

It’s the $420 one. The A10-5700 APU with integrated Radeon HD 7660 graphics has very good reviews, and supports mid level gaming and Blu-ray video. The computer is a pretty nice machine with wireless keyboard and mouse, and a decent audio section. No HDMI out, but that’s not a problem as long as your monitor has DVI and audio inputs, which most do.

I purchased the HP Pavilion P6-2427C Desktop, AMD A8-5500 Trinity Quad-Core 3.2GHz, 8GB DDR3, 1TB SATA, USB 3.0, Radeon HD 7560D, 802.11n, Win 8

I am going to create a Windows 7 partition and found this advice on the net:
“Before you start, contact the PC manufacture and obtain the “Recovery media” for Windows 8. Also ask the manufacture’s support team about activation when using recovery media as your new computer may no longer have a product key code sticker, Windows 8 uses a BIOS imbedded product key for activation.”

In fact, there is no key code sticker on the box, so how do I go about collecting the recovery media and retrieving the key code?

I’d start with HP’s support site or contact their customer support.

Anybody that ordered the HP with the i7 get their computer yet? 10 days and still not shipped. Cust SVC just places blame on the “drop shipper”.

I was able to check your tracking. I’ll PM you with the details. Sorry for the wait!

I have also been waiting 10 days since my order, also since the Dell model I ordered has been sold out, and no shippie yet… Seems like some room for logistics improvement here.

Found out the problem is that you shipped to a PO Box. The sale stated:

*Shipping Note: Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is not available for this item

A physical address is required for delivery. No Military or PO Box shipments available*

Please email support@woot.com to for assistance.

Thanks, got the tracking #. It’s on the way finally. Looking forward to getting this.

You’re welcome! Hopefully it gets delivered soon. :slight_smile: