DeWALT Drill and Impact Driver Kit with 2 Batteries

I can also confirm the crappy packing job. The tools had their batteries already connected, making them heavy, and were just thrown in the box with some baggies. This makes me want to rethink buying refurbs from Woot!. I was also missing the screwdriver bit from one of the tools, which both appeared very, very lightly used. Both batteries were charged (holding around 19V) indicating they were probably used, and all parts had an “R” embossed on them. Time will tell whether this was a good purchase or not, especially since it seems DeWALT is phasing out its’ 18V line.

Personally, I was thrilled with this purchase. The drills and batteries appeared brand new–not a single blemish anywhere. No embossed “R” indicating “refurbished”. The batteries (DeWalt 18v, type 1) were fully charged, and I plan to run them completely down a few times so they won’t develop a "short-charge " memory. Regarding NiCd batteries, I have used these type batteries that lasted for well over 12-15 yrs. before wearing out. I have read that Lithium batteries may have a useful life of only 2-3 years, although they may provide more power and last longer on a charge. To me, the tradeoff makes me lean toward the NiCd batteries. I’m reinforcing some stockade fences with wood screws and nuts/bolts, as well as re-planking an old iron-frame picnic table. I’m more than pleased how the DeWalt drill and impact driver are performing. My 20 yr. old DeWalt drill still works fine, and it’s been a workhorse. I can’t say the same for Ryobi and B&D drills I’ve used. DeWalt rules!

Extremely poor packaging with the tools bouncing around in a large box with no useful padding.
Did anyone else also receive incorrect product?
Supposed to include DC759 and DC825, but I received DC759 and DW056.

In addition the tools appear quite well used.

First time using Woot and extremely disappointed. Would not recommend and will certainly not consider again in the future.

Sorry to hear that you received the wrong model.

If you haven’t already we recommend that you write into support@woot.com and let them know what you’re experiencing.
Please remember to include your username and password so they can help you in a timely fashion.

No more Woot for me! I bought this set and it came with a defective charger. I have complained SEVERAL times and promised a return label. Never received the label (yes, I know how to check junk mail folder, I work in tech). I filed a dispute with the credit card company and I’m also heading over to the BB site to file a complaint. Very disappointed in Woot. In my opinion Woot has really taken a nose dive.