Diamondback Recoil Mountain Bike

Hi there. There was no intent to deceive wooters. The vendor gave us the wrong information. Moderators weren’t told when the sale was updated so we didn’t communicate the difference. I’m very sorry for the lack of communication.

I did not mean to imply that there was intent to deceive.

But someone, at some point, knew that the specs were incorrect, since they were changed (for the brakes) after the sale had ended.

I would have appreciated being notified at that point, or sometime soon after, that what I bought would not be what I received. Instead, the wrong product was delivered, and I’m left with the option of an insufficient partial refund or having to pack the bike back up properly to send it back.

Intentional or not, I’m the one who’s left holding the bag. I like the bike and don’t want to ship it back, and the $80 refund I was issued does cover the difference in cost between the models. However, I wanted those upgrades and considered it a good deal to pay the extra, so I’m not particularly pleased at not getting what I expected - it’s a 50/50 shot as to whether I would have ordered at all if there had not been the “upgraded” version.

I’m also fairly disgruntled at Woot’s attempt to address an issue clearly caused by their error. I expected better.

I completely agree. There is never a good reason why the specs of the bike would change well AFTER the sale is over. This was only to cover tracks. This was my first and last Woot purchase.

I agree with the others. I ordered the bike that costs $75 more and recived the base model. All woot says they can do is give me a $70 refund or send it back. So unfair. I could have ordered the cheaper model got the same bike and saved a few $s. especially when i was expecting the airshock, 9speed rear, better Derailleurs, tubeless rims, etc.