Dick Tracy® WristNet™ Watch by Fossil® Model FX3002

[quote user=“stet”]After going through everything that it came with again, I did discover the 12 month free code. It’s on the bottom of a 3X5 card that’s white on one side and yellow/orange on the other. Says “Be there. Even when you can’t be there.” on the top.

I don’t know how I missed this before.[/quote]

I triple checked my box and everything…still no certificate :frowning:

Finally, today, May 16th - 10 days after ordering - I get a notice via e-mail that my watch has shipped and should arrive May 18. Yet other people already have their watches? Whats up with that?

Yep. Same with me…

I read the posts about the non-certificates, so I was positively anal about opening my watch, I still have the stupid little FCC slip of paper, and NO certificate. If I’ve gone retarded and I locate it, I’ll edit, but as I said, I was meticulous about not losing anything.

Rock

I also don’t have my hat, so I’m holding out hope that the certificate for the watch is in with my wayward hat. Was it IN the watch box or loose, or what? I’m dying to register this watch, but don’t want to blow my 1 year deal.

I’ve looked at all the packaging again and still can’t find my certificate for the free 12 months. :evil:

I checked my Got Woot page today and find that the package has just now been actually picked up by FedEx and now it’s showing May 19 - TWO FULL WEEKS after I ordered. This is my first Woot and may be my last :frowning:

$5 S&H is only a bargain if it arrives in a reasonable period of time…

I emailed Woot that mine didnt come with the certificate and I got a response of “it’s there, it should be a 3x5 card”

I just responded saying that it’s indeed NOT there. It’s good to see (sorry) taht others are having the same problem so I know I"m nto crazy.

[quote user=“NotJayKay”]I emailed Woot that mine didnt come with the certificate and I got a response of “it’s there, it should be a 3x5 card”

I just responded saying that it’s indeed NOT there. It’s good to see (sorry) taht others are having the same problem so I know I"m nto crazy.[/quote]

Congrats for getting a response! I contacted Woot last night and even suggested that they could email me the codes/numbers so that I could sign up for the free year. No response… :!:

[quote user=“GallopingCow”][12,000 products to ship is quite a feat for such a small staff.
i had originally heard estimates of trying to be finished by the end of the day today, but it’s looking like it’ll carry on into next week.[/quote]

Does that mean my "Got Woot’ where every item I ordered is listed as "Shipped with’ my first item is bunk, since I didn’t get the Dick Tracy T-shirt, didn’t get my hat yet, didn’t get the cert for my 12 months (See other posts, I checked everything)
Why Woot!? Is it because you only hurt the ones who love you most? I’ve sent emails to service, but I imagine they’ll get answered just about the time my 12 months would have been up.

I still hold out hope, but desperation is the worst cologne, or something like that.

Rock

Woot just emailed me my subscription code. Now i’m a very happy camper :D.

Still didnt get my shirt or hat but that’s ok.

[quote user=“NotJayKay”]Woot just emailed me my subscription code. Now i’m a very happy camper :D.

Still didnt get my shirt or hat but that’s ok.[/quote]
I now officially hate you NJK, nothing personal,

Rock

Woot, see what you’re doing? Send me my code and nobody gets hurt, okay, realistically nobody gets hurt anyway, but you have to love the melodrama. email me MilwaukeeBombers at Hotmail dot com You could be saving lives!.. Please?

Hmm . . .

3x5 card - look like they must have printed it using invisible ink . . .

on invisible paper :slight_smile:

Woot P-P-Please email me my activation

:frowning: got my watch yesterday and I’m missing the code too. Went through the packaging many times and still didn’t find it.

[quote user=“UTenigma”]Hmm . . .

Woot P-P-Please email me my activation[/quote]

Never thought about that. :idea: I’ll put on my invisible goggles, if I can find them, to look for the invisible activation code.

I guess I’ll give Woot another day or so to send me the magic activiation code before I contact my credit card company. I don’t want to do that, but since the product I purchased was not the one I received, I don’t see any other choice. I’d like to be able to use the watch for it’s intended purpose.

Hey Woot! A response would be appreciated.

[quote user=“UFIA”][quote user=“UTenigma”]Hmm . . .

Woot P-P-Please email me my activation[/quote]

Never thought about that. :idea: I’ll put on my invisible goggles, if I can find them, to look for the invisible activation code.

I guess I’ll give Woot another day or so to send me the magic activiation code before I contact my credit card company. I don’t want to do that, but since the product I purchased was not the one I received, I don’t see any other choice. I’d like to be able to use the watch for it’s intended purpose.

Hey Woot! A response would be appreciated.[/quote]

yeah-- threats REALLY work to get your point across :roll:

I swear-- people just like to ■■■■■ about EVERYTHING… and most don’t even bother to READ the friggin FAQ’s

If you want service like a retail store-- go buy crap FROM a retail store AT retail prices.

leaves more woots for those of us who appreciate WHY service is the way it is… to keep costs DOWN

[quote user=“i_am_brave_woman”][yeah-- threats REALLY work to get your point across :roll:

I swear-- people just like to ■■■■■ about EVERYTHING… and most don’t even bother to READ the friggin FAQ’s

If you want service like a retail store-- go buy crap FROM a retail store AT retail prices.

leaves more woots for those of us who appreciate WHY service is the way it is… to keep costs DOWN[/quote]

So Brave Woman… What’s your point? Or are you just in the bitchy mood today? I contacted Service@woot twice on separate days. I read the FAQ. What I was trying to get across was that I did not receive the product as ordered. My post was not a threat. Since I hadn’t received any form of communication from Woot on this matter I was going to have to take the next step. It’s called escalation. I made contact and no response was received until after my last post. While I was only trying to voice my frustration, it appears that by doing so, I was able to solicit a response from Woot (so, I guess it must have WORKED). I appreciate Woot’s presence. I never said I expected service like a retail store. Did you read that somewhere in my post? You accused me of not reading the FAQ, but it appears you didn’t read the message. If YOU ordered something and received something else or only received part of the item, wouldn’t you make an effort to have the matter corrected?

Part of running a business involves communication with customers. Woot was probably playing catch up since the woot-off, so I was going to give them another day or two to respond. A ■■■■■ would be about why I hadn’t received a product the next day after the purchase. This was a legitimate issue, not a ■■■■■ or a threat.

:lol:

1. I’m mostly done bitching
  2. I intentionally made silly threats, just to be silly and to help me cope
  3. I have gotten better service than they claim to give
  4. I have a code, my watch is registered, I’m fat & happy
  5. I still need my hat and T-shirt (I said I was mostly done)

Rock

I got my watch today, a full day early (although still much later than I anticipated) and WTF? I didn’t get a certificate either. I even unfolded the t-shirt and looked inside to make sure - nope.

For those of you who got your’s resolved - Who do I need to contact to get this fixed?

THIS STUPID THING DIDN’T HAVE THE CARD TO ACTAVATE THE MSN DIRECT WHATTHE HE?? AM I GONNA DO WITH THIS THING NOW? :evil: :x

e-mail service@woot.com and they can address it with you