Did you get a flu shot?

Did you get a flu shot?

Right now they’re focusing intensely on measles in my area…

But no, I did not get a flu shot this year.

Really?

Yup. :mask:

Are they at least offering flu shots in your area?

Yes.

This was the first year I got one. I am going to be watching my newborn grand baby in December, my daughter asked that I do. Makes sense.

5 Likes

Can never be too careful, especially around babies. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Yes, I get one every year.

5 Likes

I get a flu shot every year. i have health issues, plus I don’t want to get anyone else sick should I get the flu. That whole herd immunity thing is real, yo.

5 Likes

I work in a pharmacy. they start nagging us in August to get it. I got mine in late Sept before my disney trip.

2 Likes

I work in a hospital, flu shots are mandatory for all employees unless they get a religious or medical exemption.

2 Likes

Probably won’t. We did for 3 years in a row while our daughter was immune compromised but we haven’t last year or this year. They never seem to forecast the right strain of flu here. I’m not opposed to getting one just haven’t bothered.

Also work for a healthcare conglomerate, required flu shots except for religious or medical exemptions but I get one regardless. ($5 Target Gift Card if you do it in store with their CVS Pharmacist!)

Debating if I want to get on the flu shot soap box and whip out facts and figures.

sigh

I won’t, but as your unofficial medical adviser, please get the flu shot. If not for you then for those who cannot get it (like the itty bitties and the old bitties).

/mini_soap_box

6 Likes

I am in the same boat, @peaceetc. I also work with kids with multiple disabilities (when I’m not out on disability) and I have kids at home with the same. The risk of serious complications for any of us is too high to not get the vaccine.

4 Likes

The pharmacy at the grocery store gave us all $10 gift cards to get our flu shots there. So we got shots and had a nice lunch.

4 Likes

I got my flew shot, but it didn’t give me wings (there’s always Red Bull for that, I suppose).

5 Likes

We all get them. My husband was recently diagnosed with a rare disease. If he gets the flu, he WILL end up in the hospital, so we do whatever we can to prevent it. Plus we have little kids and nothing is worse than a sick little babe.

3 Likes

I always get mine near the end of October. It’s just a good idea.

4 Likes

Yep, got mine last week.

4 Likes