DigiPro 5.5x4” Graphics Tablet

Agreed, cheaper isn’t always better, i’d rather pay for quality now rather than later.

If you’re just going to doodle, or do some minor touch ups on your family photos, be my guest. If you’re going into graphics, invest in a Wacom tablet… you’ll thank me…

However, this is a great steal, and perfect for would-be graphics gurus

I’ll wait for a hard yes on vista support before i think about grabbing this… i could use something to toss around in my laptop bag :wink:

For only $20 I’ll see how it is. WACOM’s look like the cheapest around is $69.99, so it is no big deal if this doesn’t work out. Better than the basic logitech 2 button mouse I have now…

No Vista, no go. Judging by more experienced commenters…it’s for the best.

Found a review (favorable) and it definitely says Vista compatible! http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/hardware/gr/digiprotablets.htm

Look at the review on about.com posted earlier, and you’ll see she installed “flawlessly” on Vista. Vista probably isn’t in the list because this came out before Vista.

DigiPro 5.5×4” Graphics Tablet

$19.99 + $5 shipping

condition: New

Someone asked this, but does this tablet work with programs in which you can write on the tablet and it turns it into text on the computer?

Sorry, this is new to me. =P

Ok in for one…I always wanted a tablet (casual artist), but Wacom ones were a bit expensive for my taste. If I ever wanted to get serious I would go for an intous but they are too expensive.

Hey, I’m right there with you. I’m waiting on the same answer. :slight_smile:

Well, I found this:

http://www.uc-logic.com/download/download_driver.htm

Is it universal for all their tablets? I don’t know. But there seems to be a vista driver.

It should, if not you can always get a free OCR program to convert the writing to type

seriously considering this for my main computer, a mac…but for my laptop, I’m buying the asus eee and installing the touch panel mod. Will that be a sufficient replacement for this, as far as drawing accuracy goes? hmmm…

debating if i want it or not i have wacom ones before and are very nice nut to expensive wondering if this is a good alternative

If you look at the drivers download here:
http://www.uc-logic.com/download/download_driver.htm

the new drivers do indeed cover Vista.

edit:
Ah, peoples beat me to it. Oh well.
I’ve got a Wacom, and I love it. Two big advantages I can see: tilt sensitivity, and Wacom pens don’t need batteries. Very handy. Mine also has double the pressure levels, but that’s not overly important. The Wacom drivers are pretty snazzy for both Win and OSX, and are very very versatile and effective for almost any application, can’t vouch for the DigiPro drivers.

I’ll take one, why not? Even if it’s a poor product it’ll look neat on my desk

I have had one of these for a year or so. I have used it enough to know that it sucks. This is actually the second one I’ve had; the first one I recived was defective. The pen’s battery lasts for maybe six hours of solid use. Like was said earlier: if you are doing anything involving creative flow, don’t buy this; if you want to create digital signatures, go for it. It’s a cheap tablet, and, with tablets, in most cases you get what you pay for.

Found a review here http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/hardware/gr/digiprotablets.htm
that says it works with Vista. In for 2

Do you think that the screen would be big enough to take small lecture/meeting notes on it, and then convert it? … OR do these programs convert to print as you write? If so, I bet the college students/secreterial type positions will buy these up within a few hours (if not less).

I have one of these, but I can’t hook it up yet (not enough desk space and I’d prefer to get a USB hub that runs on it’s own power to plug it in) The info I have from the package seems simple enough. It’ll just take time getting used to the button on the stylus and to determine how hard to press for drawing.

I’m actually considering buying this for the sole purpose of playing iSketch online. Is that bad??