DigiPro 5.5×4” Graphics Tablet

Would this work for a teenager creating comics/graphic novel images? I have two kids who haven’t used any kind of tablet but have used photoshop. Could they translate their hand drawings to the computer using this tablet? Then link everything in strip/graphic novel type format? Worth it for a beginner model or too tedious and would frustrate them and turn 'em off? Ages 15 and 13. Thanks.

Hurray! In for one once I realized it’s mac compatible.
I’m hoping it will help me use the brush and lasso tools better in photoshop.
I also want to experiment with using it as a MIDI device (the pressure control intrigues me).

These are pretty awesome and fun. My niece uses mine all the time (bought it off woot) and she sketches some pretty neat stuff on it. I would recommend this to anyone.

That’s what my daughter (17) uses her tablet for. She uploads her sketches on the scanner and the uses the tablet to enhance the drawing. If they can handle uploading and photoshop, they should love this!

I’m going to assume that like many tablets, this isn’t compatible with dual monitor setups?

Got the 6x8 and it works pretty well.
If you use dual monitors as I do you have to contact them for a special driver NOT available on their website…

DigiPro tablets suck. If you want a small tablet you’ll actually be able to use, go with an older Wacom.

I bought the DigiPro 6x9 or whatever it was. The pen broke 2 days after i started using it. If you’re planing on using this for drawing or anything where you need the precision of a BAD, CHEEP MOUSE… THINK AGAIN! this is less accurate than using the touch pad on my laptop.

Jeez. Doesn’t sound like they really want anyone to buy them with a description like that!

I bought a DigiPro 6X8 tablet over a year ago and it works great. Got it on sale for $40. I started off with a 4x5 with only 256 pressure levels and my DigiPro is a big improvement. The old one I paid $50, which was a good deal at the time. It served me well then got me deeper in digital arts.

The pen is sturdy enough. I wonder if the 4x5 DigiPro uses a different one as I can’t imagine breaking the one I have. The AAA battery in it lasted a year though I’m not a heavy user.

But for $25, the 4x5 one is a good way to get one’s feet wet. No since spending tons of dough on an Wacom and then find out you don’t like using tablets. Beside, I read a review where the writer actually prefer th DigiPro over a much more expensive Wacom.

I still have my smaller one that I plan to use with a laptop once I get one. It’s more portable than my new one (though a bit thicker). Eventually I’ll upgrade to a bigger tablet but I’m perfectly happy with DigiPro so far.

Has anyone used a Wacom tablet for handwriting? I take notes in class on a laptop and am wondering whether it’s worth it to spring for this until I can afford a tablet PC.

WOOT! In for 2!

If you’ve never used a tablet and you’re curious, this is definitely worth the money. Graphics tablets are great fun, especially with Photoshop or Painter.

However, if you plan to use this a lot, there’s one major reason to hold out for a Wacom tablet: batteries. Wacom pens do not require batteries, relying instead on some techno-voodoo called “magnetic resonance”. This makes a huge difference over time. Just think of how many things you stop using because you got tired of replacing batteries all the time.

At least this one uses AAAs and not some obscure watch battery size, but still there are good reasons why Wacom dominates this industry.

As for the small size, you’ll be surprised at how much you can do. If you’re a serious professional, you could certainly do better, but I’ve done a bit of professional work on a 4x5 tablet, and it’s not bad.

Good enough. In for 2 - one for my 7 y/o kid to play with, one for my wife and I to share…

Well, the original battery in my DigiPro lasted over a year. Granted I didn’t use it everyday but still good. DigiPro states they use a patented method to save battery power when not in use. Very convenient since I used to take out the battery on my old unit.

I was a profession retoucher for a while, and we used WACOM 6x8 at work… here’s the thing… you can use a smaller tablet – you’ll just have to zoom in to your image more in PhotoShop (or whatever) but you CAN totally use a smaller area. I used those damn timy WACOMs (against my will) for a few days at work and everything was fine… I’m down for 2. My niece and nephew will like them if I don’t.

Talk about timing!

I just decided to start looking for a tablet that I could use to get signatures from my customers. Sellout.woot! had one just sitting here, waiting for me! Thanks!!!

Or Woot is just making it up. They’re the only company I know who trashes their products to such extent.

Wow that description is way over exaggerated . Ive had this same exact tablet. Yes the surface is a bit rough when you first try it out, but it goes away completely over time.

been lookin for a tablet for awhile now
and the price looks pretty good
in for one!

I’ll go ahead and wait. I plan to invest in a Wacom very soon, so I can wait. Plus I can’t even spare the $25 right now hah.