Digital Point and shoot camera?

Since these forums are full of thrifty and savvy consumers, I was hoping I could get some meaningful advice. I’m looking to buy a Digital Camera that is easy to use (point and shoot) and narrowed my choices down to a Canon SD400 or a Panasonic Lumix FX7. Dell had some sales going on…so i’m wondering what everyone thinks of these prices and if I should wait for something else or go with one of these:

Canon SD400 329.24
Panasonic Lumix FX7 286.06

any help would be awesome

[quote user=“alltimeqb”]Since these forums are full of thrifty and savvy consumers, I was hoping I could get some meaningful advice. I’m looking to buy a Digital Camera that is easy to use (point and shoot) and narrowed my choices down to a Canon SD400 or a Panasonic Lumix FX7. Dell had some sales going on…so i’m wondering what everyone thinks of these prices and if I should wait for something else or go with one of these:

Canon SD400 329.24
Panasonic Lumix FX7 286.06

any help would be awesome[/quote]

Well now… let’s see what I can find for you.

Canon SD400 for $309 SHIPPED!!! … Click here for the Canon SD400 for $309

Or if you like the Panasonic Lumix FX7 $264 SHIPPED!! Click here for the Panasonic Lumix FX7 for $264 SHIPPED

I hope that helped you.

Thanks alot for the reply!!!

I actually used those exact coupons, but since i live in texas i had to attach taxes, which come out to the totals up top.

Taxes suck

Ahh ha… ok… that would explain it. Those prices are the cheapes you are going to find on these.

Then for $10 more you might want to consider purchasing it this way because it get’s you these offers…

You have to add it to your cart ot see the $339 price. What makes this deal nice is the $70 rebate if you buy a Canon Pixmia printer.

Canon for $339 Shipped with the offers below

Here’s a link for the Canon PIXMA iP3000 Photo Printer for $85 so you can basically get it for $15 with the $70 rebate.

Link to Canon PIXMA iP3000 Photo Printer for $85

Mail-In Rebate: Receive $70 after mail-in rebate when you purchase this digital camera and a qualifying Canon PIXMA printer. Offer valid through September 30, 2005. (Applies only to products sold by Amazon.com. Does not apply to products sold on our site by third-party merchants or through third-party areas such as Amazon.com Marketplace, Auctions, or zShops.) See details.

Exclusive Offer: Order Canon Powershot SD400 5MP Digital Elph Camera with 3x Optical Zoom now and receive immediate access to the following in your Digital Locker:
A unique coupon code for a $20 photo print bundle from Shutterfly. Offer valid through September 7, 2005. (Applies only to products sold by Amazon.com. Does not apply to products sold on our site by third-party merchants or through third-party areas such as Amazon.com Marketplace, Auctions, or zShops.)

oh dude, you should so go with the SD400. i have one and the thing just rocks to no end. takes awesome pictures, awesome movies, and it’s absolutely tiny. battery lasts forever and the thing has more features than i will ever use. to me, there is absolutely no question which camera to go with.

SD400 forever!!

wow thanks a bunch peteromans11 and allgoodpeople!!
i’m glad i got both of your input and will probly make a purchase of a sd400 soon…thanks again!

i think i bought mine from buy.com. not sure what deals they have going right now, but they usually offer free shipping and no tax.

i also used a coupon from www.edealinfo.com. i think you can usually find a $15 off first purchase for new customers kind of deal there for buy.com. give it a look see, see what they offer.

I love my Canon S200. Nice and small but very good pictures and I’m definately a CF fan. The battery has worked great too. So I would guess that they new versions are much nicer.

just another thought, if you’re still researching . . .

i’ve got a bunch of videos i took with the SD400 posted on my site. click on the www button below. you can get a sense for how the videos look.

I apologize for invading your forum up front, but feel this is worth while and will only take 15 seconds away from a chat.

Give the Gift of Site

Please donate any used pair of prescription glasses to help both children and adults that cannot afford clear vision, to see for the first time.

Not asking for money, just one pair (or as many as you can find laying around [h] ) to help people that cannot afford to see.

I will post pictures and stories from the Sonora, MX mission I will be on in September off site to show you what your contributions meant to the people in need.

Please send them to;

Luxottica Retail
Attn: Woody1
4000 Luxottica Place
Mason, OH 45040

I appreciate woot for allowing this to post, and the person with the most pairs sent in by Sept 12th, (nudge factor coming, and send them all together please, so they can be counted) will get a package worth over $500 including a new Home Toshiba DVD Recorder and Dell 5.1 speaker set. This comes out of my pocket; this is just one of many, and I do mean many, charities I try to support.

Well now… let’s see what I can find for you.

Canon SD400 for $309 SHIPPED!!! … Click here for the Canon SD400 for $309

Or if you like the Panasonic Lumix FX7 $264 SHIPPED!! Click here for the Panasonic Lumix FX7 for $264 SHIPPED

I hope that helped you.

Thanks alot for the reply!!!

I actually used those exact coupons, but since i live in texas i had to attach taxes, which come out to the totals up top.

Taxes suck

Ahh ha… ok… that would explain it. Those prices are the cheapes you are going to find on these.

Then for $10 more you might want to consider purchasing it this way because it get’s you these offers…

You have to add it to your cart ot see the $339 price. What makes this deal nice is the $70 rebate if you buy a Canon Pixmia printer.

Canon for $339 Shipped with the offers below

Here’s a link for the Canon PIXMA iP3000 Photo Printer for $85 so you can basically get it for $15 with the $70 rebate.

Link to Canon PIXMA iP3000 Photo Printer for $85

Mail-In Rebate: Receive $70 after mail-in rebate when you purchase this digital camera and a qualifying Canon PIXMA printer. Offer valid through September 30, 2005. (Applies only to products sold by Amazon.com. Does not apply to products sold on our site by third-party merchants or through third-party areas such as Amazon.com Marketplace, Auctions, or zShops.) See details.

Exclusive Offer: Order Canon Powershot SD400 5MP Digital Elph Camera with 3x Optical Zoom now and receive immediate access to the following in your Digital Locker:
A unique coupon code for a $20 photo print bundle from Shutterfly. Offer valid through September 7, 2005. (Applies only to products sold by Amazon.com. Does not apply to products sold on our site by third-party merchants or through third-party areas such as Amazon.com Marketplace, Auctions, or zShops.)

oh dude, you should so go with the SD400. i have one and the thing just rocks to no end. takes awesome pictures, awesome movies, and it’s absolutely tiny. battery lasts forever and the thing has more features than i will ever use. to me, there is absolutely no question which camera to go with.

SD400 forever!!

wow thanks a bunch peteromans11 and allgoodpeople!!
i’m glad i got both of your input and will probly make a purchase of a sd400 soon…thanks again!

i think i bought mine from buy.com. not sure what deals they have going right now, but they usually offer free shipping and no tax.

i also used a coupon from www.edealinfo.com. i think you can usually find a $15 off first purchase for new customers kind of deal there for buy.com. give it a look see, see what they offer.

I love my Canon S200. Nice and small but very good pictures and I’m definately a CF fan. The battery has worked great too. So I would guess that they new versions are much nicer.

just another thought, if you’re still researching . . .

i’ve got a bunch of videos i took with the SD400 posted on my site. click on the www button below. you can get a sense for how the videos look.

I apologize for invading your forum up front, but feel this is worth while and will only take 15 seconds away from a chat.

Give the Gift of Site

Please donate any used pair of prescription glasses to help both children and adults that cannot afford clear vision, to see for the first time.

Not asking for money, just one pair (or as many as you can find laying around [h] ) to help people that cannot afford to see.

I will post pictures and stories from the Sonora, MX mission I will be on in September off site to show you what your contributions meant to the people in need.

Please send them to;

Luxottica Retail
Attn: Woody1
4000 Luxottica Place
Mason, OH 45040

I appreciate woot for allowing this to post, and the person with the most pairs sent in by Sept 12th, (nudge factor coming, and send them all together please, so they can be counted) will get a package worth over $500 including a new Home Toshiba DVD Recorder and Dell 5.1 speaker set. This comes out of my pocket; this is just one of many, and I do mean many, charities I try to support.