Dignus One Wines Cabernet Sauvignon (6)

Dignus One Wines 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon 6-Pack
$69.99 (Normally $108.00) 35% off List Price
2006 Dignus One Cabernet Sauvignon, Sierra Foothills
CT link above

Winery website

Not gonna lie…I thought it said Dingus for a second.

Me too!

From thewinery website;

“An elegant wine with touches of Sangiovese and Syrah expressing an inner sweetness of dark fruit and oak complemented by modest aromas of earth, mushrooms and herbs. With moderate tannin and balanced acidity, this old world style Cabernet is very appealing now and will age gracefully as it mellows. Pairs especially well with Italian cuisine and lightly spiced red meat.
Retail price $18/bottle”

I thought it said that until I read your post. It’s obvious that I’m still drinking my coffee.

I just came to say I love the selling image. So good, you can’t wait until after the photo for the wine.woot! is over?

I’d be down were this a nice old world style, given 14.3 ABV some additional numbers and maceration time would be great.

Hopefully the winemaker can chime in with some and provide some idea regarding cellering time as well.

I’m wondering the same thing. Could be a great value if it delivers on what it’s talking about.

I noticed this is a Texas winery sourcing fruit in California. Like Madea’s stronghold wines. How common a practice is this? I had not heard of it until recently.

And I’d be curious to know if the grapes were shipped to Texas for winemaking or if all the work was done in California.

Not near enough information to take a chance, even though cheap

I guess if wine making doesn’t work out, they can start an airline…

air dingus… oh wait… it was dignus… nevermind.

Cabs are my bag, but an internet search on the product reveals–nada. If somethng is this unremarkable after 5 years in the bottle, I’m going to have to pass, unless someone else can find a positive review somewhere.

OK, so I did some critical research (meaning I clicked the “winery” tab) and read that the vintner is in San Antonio. So, a fellow Texan, that’s enough for me to give it a try. We’ll see…

I’m in, it’s a Cab

Last Wooter to Woot:fredrinaldi

The wine was fermented and bottled here in California. Ownership prefers to live in Texas.

You can cellar this Cabernet for another 4-5 years with its higher acidity and ripe tannin. The alcohol though comes with the territory being here in California. Cheers

Last wooter to woot:limesc1

Cellar 1, then Drink 1, and then decide what to do with the other 4…(probably drink them!).

I am willing to take a shot at this price.

Interesting as there are plenty of other California cabs that the winemakers are able to keep the alcohol levels down on.

What was the brix when this was picked?