Direct TV/Tivo Remote

I have 3 spare… will sell for $5.98 shipped

Needed a new one anyway - in for 3. Thanks WOOT!

In for 2, my dad routinely launches his remote out of his chair on a regular basis. It mostly works although some of the buttons are getting wonky. I’ve given my parents a universal remote they’ve never entirely made friends with so this should make a nice gift. One to use day to day, and another spare just in case. Maybe we can take the old one apart and figure out why it’s being weird, too.

My first sellout.woot!

Note that this isn’t a learning remote: it’s programmable. It has codes for a large number of televisions, but there are some exceptions (mostly newer models, I think) and even the code scan doesn’t always work (and FYI code scan is really tedious). They have a new remote that is in fact a learning remote. It detects the signal from your television remote and programs itself based on that.

Does anybody know if this will work with a MAC or Dish Network?

FYI:

These work with Linux :smiley:

Get any IR Receiver and BAM! You could look cool with your MythTV system :wink: Or if you want, checkout http://www.pauselivetv.com and buy a prebuilt one!

-Chad

Still 1 cent cheaper than most said they would pay for the previous items listed.

Got my three. :wink:

Great bargain … now i just have to buy a TiVo and I’ll be set!

Perfect! This is the exact same remote I currently use for my Directv. I’m in for 3.

who is most? crap is not worth a dollar. not like you buy 3 remotes and they send you a TV…

I gave my dad a refurb Tivo recently, but the remote had a missing battery cover. Now, for less than the cost of a new battery cover, I have a fully functional remote. Thanks, Woot!

maybe ill use them in my quest to take up juggling

Well go read the past 1 cent deals.

Or think of it this way 99 cents + Shipping ='s BOC - bag. Atleast you know what you bought and will work.

does anyone think the counter on yahoo page [ Next Deal: 23 hr 41 min] indicates there could be a woot-off model for sellout.woot?

It’s usually off as of day one with the time… A flaw of yahoo not woot!

WHY couldn’t it be a DISH network remote. I have to buy a new one every year. This is an awesome deal for you Direct TV TIVO people. Come on .99 is awesome. I almost want to buy one for the hell of it. Pause PAUSe, NOT!!!

some uber-durable universal remote would be nice isntead

Haha (there’s a word filter for “Ha ha” without the space?), I just lost my Tivo remote… I have no idea where it is. I’ve programmed my OFA remote for basic functionality, but I don’t get most of the “good” features like the Thumbs, Guide, etc. Just channel changing, rewind/ff/etc, info, and Tivo Central.

Not a bad deal, but I use Replay… Gonna have to miss tonights…

In for 3, My hr10-250 (HD) and my two standard definition direct/tivos are great. I want my receivers to work as they do right now for as long as Directv still lets those receivers work with their satellites. Right now if your black directv/tivo remote breaks you get a crappy white non glossy or comfortable Directv remote for around $5.
These dogbone remotes feel the best in my hand out of any remote I’ve ever owned.