DISCO

Noooooo! Not disco! Anything but disco!

1 Like

Get that crap off my phone!!!

1 Like

My next comment is who has been roller derby and dancing? I was a very bad skater and never got the hang of rocking too!

Funny!!

1 Like

We would take people who couldn’t skate, then push them toward a disco queen in a tube top
:rofl:

1 Like

1 Like

Do a little dance

Make a little love

Get dumb tonight

Get dumb tonight

1 Like

:duck:

ducks GIF

2 Likes

I had NO idea this (disco duck) was real.

HOW CAN ANYONE NOT ENJOY DISCO?

Even if you can’t dance, there’s at least a beat to do the old folks 2 step (original post). And the onesie isn’t a requirement. You just say it is because you need an excuse other than admitting you can’t dance.

2 Likes

Disco isn’t dancing, it’s drug-induced dry heaves set to drum machines.

As awful as the Designated Hitter rule is, even it has outlasted disco by a factor of 7+.

Disco is so obsolete, spellcheck keeps changing it to “Discover”.

1 Like

Maybe you wouldn’t social anxiety so much if you worked on your rhythm? My spellcheck doesn’t try to change disco, in fact there’s even an emoji for it :man_dancing: Not only that, the tempo one should administer CPR is to that of the song Stayin’ Alive.

What drugs were big in the 70s? The hippies had lsd & shrooms in the 60s and cocaine was in the 80s. I wasn’t a blip on the horizon in the 70s, but I still see it as nostalgic.

But I also come from a family who dances for fun (multi-ethnic including European) and ‘soul train’ is a verb and a noun.

Also- your description is more like house/techno/trance/EDM/rave not disco :joy:

2 Likes

From Wikipedia:

" Studio 54 in Midtown Manhattan was arguably the best known nightclub in the world. This club played a major formative role in the growth of disco music and nightclub culture in general. It was operated by Steve Rubell and Ian Schrager and was notorious for the hedonism that went on within; the balconies were known for sexual encounters, and drug use was rampant. Its dance floor was decorated with an image of the “Man in the Moon” that included an animated cocaine spoon."

little big dance GIF by Warner Music Sweden

2 Likes

I love disco. They really need to work on their moves though.