Disposable KN95 Face Masks

Disposable KN95 Face Masks

1 Like

KN95 is the Chinese standard. Not the same as N95. Not approved for medical use in the US.

1 Like

Yup. That’s why it’s in Tools & Garden. :smiley:

16 Likes

Neither are the fabric mask/ gaiters approved for medical use. To my knowledge only N95 are medical use if you have been fitted properly. To each his own!

8 Likes

Bottom Line: Difference Between N95 vs. KN95 Masks. N95s and KN95s are both rated to capture 95% of particles . Among the minor differences, only KN95 masks are required to pass fit tests, while N95 masks have slightly stronger breathability standards.Jul 14, 2021

10 Likes

Not 95% of coronavirus particles. Using these to stop coronovirus is like using a volleyball net to stop BBs.

2 Likes

Yes and no. A virus is really really tiny and is going to get through any sort of mask.

HOWEVER, viruses aren’t just out there by their lonesome flying around - they are carried in water droplets as infected people exhale, cough, etc. And these masks so stop (or greatle, greatly reduce) the amount of water droplets that get through.

34 Likes

Could not find manufacturer on CDC Int’l Test Results but would not buy anyway (unless you have no mask at all). Ear loop design does not result in as good a fit. International Assessment Results | NPPTL | NIOSH | CDC

4 Likes

False.

The concept you are seeking is lipid envelopes, but even then, an appropriate analogy would be someone throwing .45 caliber bullets at a volleyball net.

No, davevpi is correct. Individual virions, including enveloped ones, are NOT found in the spray from a cough, sneeze, or exhalation. They are contained in the aerosolized droplets, largely water, that are expelled. And these are easily filtered out by most masks that are designed for that purpose.

Please stop spreading scientifically illiterate BS.

35 Likes

I’ve read the actual (study) papers. What are your references? Quote us actual science, not media articles. Infectious “droplets” large enough to be stopped by masks would also fall to the floor/ground in short order and not stay suspended in air. Infectious lipid envelopes that do enter through the eyes even easier than a masked nose.

If it was as simple as wearing masks, Covid would have been stopped 14 months ago.

4 Likes

Masks are one tool to help slow the spread of the virus. I don’t think anyone is arguing masks will cut all transmissions, especially when a lot of people wear them incorrectly and inconsistently, if they wear them at all.

18 Likes

STOP RIGHT THERE! We’re not going into a debate of what does or doesn’t work.

Buy the masks or not. That’s all that needs to happen. We’ve all seen, read, and heard the data that interests us by this point.

THANK YOU!

32 Likes

I got mine today. They were expired. There is a little card inside that says: shelf life one year, production date 2020/05/18
I’m going to keep and use them anyway, but ya oughta know.

4 Likes

Hi there. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

1 Like

Interesting, mine had a similar production date, but a two year shelf life. What size package did you get? I purchased the 20 ct package.

Wow there’s a lot of comments on this one, I’m sure they’ll be helpful and nice to ever…

Im Out GIF

7 Likes

Knowing how Chinese local government operates, I do not trust the manufacture’s certification. If you have a strong pipe to a high ranking official there, you can get a tissue paper to passed as KN95, as long as it is shaped like a legitimate high filtration mask. That is why there are several low efficiency masks listed in the CDC’s pass/fail list.

2 Likes

Hey folks, there is a bunch of discussion about particle size in this thread that demonstrates most of us don’t know how high filtration masks actually work. Viron size particles are actually filtered very well. Here’s why: The Astounding Physics of N95 Masks - YouTube

6 Likes

Sadly, my rebuttal to the spreader of utter disinformation here was deleted by Woot, but the disinformation was allowed to remain. Thank you for trying (in vain, I am sure) to educate the ineducable.

I will remember this when making purchase decisions from Woot.

11 Likes