District 7

Here is a link to the previous sale on the D7 pinot. With rattage

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=6030962&ref=cnt_cmty_blg_dsc

I’m a bargain hunter and this is great QPR.

Enjoy fellow wooters.

Cheers!

First Sucker:
freddread
Last Wooter to Woot:
mandoo500

I appreciate the mixed packs.

which wine?

I’m sure he/she bought all of them. It’s the only way I can interpret the enthusiasm.

Pinot I meant. I haven’t tried other varietals.

+1

Thanks. Any notes and/or thoughts?

Wish there were TNs on the Sauv Blanc…these look like great daily drinkers based on specs and price point but hard to go in on 6 based on that…

Oh, we really liked the Pinot! In for one.

Nose: primarily rotten egg. A hint of a generic berry in the background

Palate: oh so much better than the nose. Smooth, lightweight, not really ‘young’, but not a deep aged wine either. Blackberries and a hint of grapefruit.
Note that this was after eating some white sauce pizza w/salami and roasted veggies.

Balance: has a nice hint of acidity that balances the light fruit.

An easy drinker.

Hmmmm…rotten egg does not make it appealing lol

Here’s a blog post about the 2011 cab sav…not encouraging 2011 District 7 Cabernet Sauvignon | The magical world of wines from Grocery Outlet

Agree with this TN. Definitely an easy drinker. If lighter and balanced pinot is your thing, give this a try.

Edit: About that rotten egg nose,… umm I’d say more like muted mushroom

I didn’t get any rotten egg, although ill often not even check the nose out for a 1/2 hour and sulphur build up can often blow off quickly.

2012 District 7 Cabernet a completely different wine than the 2011

DISTRICT 7
It is Monterey.”
Vibrant, bright, contemporary, complex
True to the Monterey AVA

Looks like something I would jump on in second but unfortunately, Ohio is not a ship to state. I have stopped looking at wine woot plus deals as they are always limited on states with mine never being on the list. (sad face)

Welcome Jim. Who are you?

Monterey’s rich history, the saga of California’s Mission Trail, historic Fisherman’s Wharf and Cannery Row, 20 world-class golf courses, the world’s best aquarium, hotels, a unique variety of shops and galleries and a spectacular assortment of parks and natural areas combine to provide a truly unrivaled place for your next getaway

After a great day visiting in Monterey County California settle in and have a glass of DISTRICT 7 Sauvignon Blanc or just settle back and relax with friends.