DJI Phantom 2 Quadcopter w/ Zenmuse for GoPro

I totally agree… And prices on other items aren’t so great as well…

These are very cool…I have flown one of my friends…

But this price is similar to back in the computer industry…First adopters will pay a heavy premium…My gut says in 6 months these will be “had” for under $300 to $400…Easy…

There’s better ones that the DJI out there. I had a Phantom FC40 and it drowned itself. Kudos for the mothership to replace it. These were known for fly-aways, and the Phantom 2 suffered from sudden power-loss due to their proprietary battery-connectors. This also more than doubles the cost of additional power packs.

There are laptops and TVs that are sold in this price range too. Only for rich people??

It’s a heck of a lot more than I’d spend on a drone just for fun, but this hardly ventures into rich people territory. Not to mention, a lot of people are finding these are useful for work, such as in real estate and insurance claims assessment.

Not only not ok to shoot down but even knock down:Tossed T-shirt causes drone to crash in Lake Havasu City

How do you take off your shirt by accident?))

Take down.

Not sure. It is apparently not ok to knock them down in public.

IMHO The Phantom 3 is not a huge leap. It has slightly more powerful motors. Built in FPV (if you have a smartphone/tablet). A proprietary, and a pretty mediocre camera, that can just now begin to hold a candle to a GoPro. And a pretty cool but not super useful optical flow sensor that makes it easier to hold a position w/o GPS lock (ie indoors). But that’s about it.

If you have a GoPro and dont mind eventually making the investment in a FPV kit. This is a great drone that, in the event of a crash, will probably hold together better than the phantom 3 (because if the gimbal breaks you dont have to replace the entire camera/gimbal assembly). Anyway, that’s my 2 cents.

Short note if you get this.

Download the software and set a height for the Return To Home failsafe!

It has a failsafe that, when it hits its boundaries or loses connection, will do an about face and return to where it got its GPS lock upon powering up (usually where you’re standing).

The only issue is that it makes a bee line right towards it’s “Home” and if there’s anything in the way (building or tree) it will run right into it. I learned this the hard way.

You can set a Return to Home “height” … if the failsafe is engaged it will stop, hover, ascend (or descend) to its prescribed height parameter THEN return to home. I generally make that number higher than any trees or buildings in the area.

Also DJI customer service is horrible. Like… pretty damn bad.

The Phantom 1 is just under $400. I doubt these get anywhere in the $300 to $400 range. Especially in 6 months.

Original price of these was in the 900-1000 range. That was the early adopter price. The price now is the sell off price because of the fact the Phantom 3 is being released.

My gut says your gut is wrong :slight_smile:

this is 100% fake.

I used to own a Phantom 2. Great quad, BUT with the new Phantom 3 being only 200 more, I can NOT recommend this. Do yourself a favor and save for a p3, or wait till this is around 500 TOPS.

Invasion of privacy?

It doesn’t come with a GoPro?? Then why does every photo of it show it with one??

It’s showing the gimbal you use to attach the camera.

Features say it’s sold separately.

My wife’s uncle lost his because it had the flyaway problem. He was flying it in a remote area on top of a mountain and it flew out of site and stopped responding to controls. He lost the drone and his gopro after flying it for about 4-5 months. (I consider him to be a very good pilot too) Just be aware that some of these things have had some software/hardware glitches if the fly home stuff is configured and the GPS locks aren’t doing what they’re supposed to. Research it and see if it makes more sense looking at a the 3. (I don’t know the real problem and speculation is all I have)

I tend to agree. I just picked up a used Phantom 2 Vision (the one that is 2 revisions behind this one) for $500. There are good and bad reasons to go with the P2V over the P2V+. The Hero is a better camera, but you can have better control with the built in version. Eventually, I want to upgrade my transmitter to the transmitter that comes with this bundle, because it makes controlling the gimbal much easier.

I got mine 2 weeks ago, and this past weekend had a TON of fun. Here is a rainbow I captured using mine:

The problem (if you are in the US) is you can’t use them to make ANY money, unless you jump through some major FAA hoops. (which the average person can’t dream of attaining, just yet). Using them as you suggested, is technically illegal.

The description is somewhat misleading. Is this a RTF drone without a camera? Or does this require transmitter, receiver, screen, OSD, and camera as well?

heheh, when I first scanned the comments, I read that as “This is not a woot, this is mother’s rent,” and I thought, “huh, what kind of Norman Bates thing does that person have goin’ on.”

It was less creepy – and somehow more disappointing – when I re-read it.