and

Check out this review from gizmag.com and check out the product page
[youtube=BpJL2CIXTOo][/youtube]

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/1f4090f8-809a-4a09-9048-19052c5c2140.jpg

DJI Phantom FC40 UAV Drone Quadcopter
Price: $429.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $15 Two-Day OR $18 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Friday, Jun 06 to Monday, Jun 09) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](DJI Phantom FC40 UAV Drone Quadcopter) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=DJI Phantom FC40 UAV Drone Quadcopter) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](DJI - Google Shopping Phantom FC40 UAV Drone Quadcopter)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
5/1/2014 - $429.99 - 99 comment(s)

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get a spouse to sign off on a purchase like this? I’ve flown the cheap “disposable” helicopters, but this thing looks incredibly badass.

Tell the spouse you are going to use it to inspect the roof and the chimney for problems without having to climb a ladder or hire someone.

Phantom 1 and 2 pilot here. :slight_smile:

(Yep, I own both and sold my AR.Drone if anyone remembered that post)

Please, read the manual and watch some videos before flying. There’s a lot to know before flying and you’ll also do yourself a favor to avoid crashes/losses/etc.

Also, fly responsibly! Never ever fly near and/or around people/valuables… it’s like roughly a 1300g** or 2.8lbs flying object.

I can try my best to answer any questions you may have (for 24 hours). There is also a pretty highly active forum website called “Phantom Pilots” that you can visit for info/news/questions/chat. I’m usually on there quite a bit as well.

That’s a tough one… hahahaha. I can’t really think of a really good benefit at the moment for owning one aside from aerial photography… but the fact that you’ll probably have the whole neighborhood and/or party’s attention when you have it in the air seems awesome.

I’d probably just try this though.

**I chose 1300g as the magic “max” weight for the DJI Phantoms… you want to keep it as light as possible and any heavier would slowly decrease the motors/bearings life and also decrease flight time.

Should I worry the only sale, so far, is in Colorado?

Tell her you are getting a job with a top secret agency, you need one of these and it will pay for itself, many times over.

The Android app has quite excessive permissions. Might be a deal breaker for some.

Hello
I have bought this item,so can u tell me which items I should buy for a must buy,like battery,protector etc. thanx

Step 1: Find family pants.
Step 2: Put on.
Step 3: Purchase.

This is good… and should work for you. :slight_smile:

Father’s day is coming up.

I already own a GoPro Hero 3, so:

1. is this camera anywhere near comparable?

2. can i mount my own camera on this beast and shoot some aerial 4K video?

I’m working on a wedding video now with footage from one of these, except it has a GoPro Hero 3 on it. The footage is very good, but one must ALWAYS remember to calibrate the drone so it’s GPS doesn’t go wacky and start drifting.

ooo - that video is done using a GoPro, not the onboard camera this comes with. But have fun with YouTube, 'cause there are plenty of videos shot with this.

The FC40 compared to the other Phantoms:

The included camera is 720p, but you can swap it out for another lightweight camera.

The flight time is relatively short, so get some spare batteries.

For sure batteries is a #1 must have. I buy them from Amazon and the shipping is fast (with prime) and cheaper than elsewhere. I had three of them, since flight time on average is about 7-8 minutes. The more the merrier, but do give your Phantom a rest at one point though.

#2 Propeller Guards (also known as training wheels) is a really good option. You’d want to DJI ones (the fake ones has hole ON the guard, the real ones is on the SIDE and is slightly curved) and either prop guards for the Phantom 1 and 2 will fit the FC40. I’d go with the Phantom 2 guards because of #3 and is also larger by like 2 inches. I mentioned these were training wheels mainly BECAUSE the landing gears are so narrow that you’ll almost always will have “tip-overs” if you land uncontrollably and the propellers would pretty much start hacking up the concrete/grass thus damaging the propellers. The prop guard prevents the propellers from hitting most things. Just check out this video.

#3 This is totally optional, but if you use P2 Propellers on the FC40. You will increase your flight time (probably because it’s a larger propeller). Just remember you’ll need like two sets (2x CW & CCW). And which propeller goes where? You’ll see a black dot on the motor thread = black propeller head goes there.

1. FC40 between the GP3? I’m pretty sure the GP3 is much more superior since the FC40 uses a 720p camera.

2. As long as the overall weight of the whole unit is under 1300g, I think you’re good.

I’ve seen other people use other cameras aside from GoPros.

Example:

http://cheesycam.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/DJI-Phantom-RX100-Cheesycam.JPG

Just a warning, I purchased a DJI Phantom 2 from woot on May 20th and still have not recieved any shipping notice and have been getting the run around from support. Not sure if DJI items are on backorder. Credit card was charged though…

Just tell her you want to use it to spy on your attractive next door neighbor.

Oh wait. On second thought, better lie!

Not having the FC40 or the GP3 I can’t compare them directly, but image quality is about more than pixel count. I would take a 720p camera with image stabilization or good low-light performance over a 1080p. Still-camera folks stopped using MP counts as an indication of quality long ago because of this.