Do Not Pass Go

As someone who likes Monopoly (imagine that…), I’m horribly offended by the narrative. :slight_smile:

Yes! I can get this to go with my Clue shirt. Thanks to these two artists I’ll be the most appropriately attired person at family game night!

Oh very cool, this looks great!

Aww, man, I was all ready to buy one to wear to my local game night until I read the “don’t wear this to” part of the writeup.
Guess I’ll just have to make do with the Clue shirt instead.

Monopoly doesn’t have to be a bad game. Try playing by the actual rules instead of all the popular house rules! No money is to be given out on free parking or extra money for landing on go. When a property is landed on for the first time it is either to be bought outright or auctioned off to the highest bidder. If you follow these REAL rules your game will be shortened considerably!

Be that as it may, that would still involve some form of willingly sitting down and saying some form of, “Sure, I’m up for a game of Monopoly.”

But as I said in the discussion, it’s probably being played with house rules :slight_smile: Bet there’s a $500 hidden under the board, too!

So what’s next for the collaberative team of Kevlar and Walmazan when it comes to game based shirts?

Battleship? Jenga? Connect Four?

kevlar51 & walmazan look to be working on a theme here. What’s next? Battleship? Scrabble? Catan?

edit* wow! Looks like bluejester got his comment in seconds before me!

I was thinking Risk, but I guess it’s not too early to start taking requests :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot everyone!!!

The author of the write up may need therapy - we should all pitch in $500 from the bank!

LOLOLOL. I’d have to wheelbarrow the rest in with maybe a thimble of a chance that it’d make any sense. It might explode in my face like a cannon if I’m not careful. It’s going to be an uphill battle… ship?

Yay! I was so hoping that this shirt would win…it’ll go nicely with my Clue shirt

I don’t play by the REAL rules because I have enough trouble calculating interest in real life, why would I do it for “fun”?

Also, I can’t overcome the fact that I grew up playing on an Egyptian board, so the names on the American board are all WRONG. I tell you I want to buy Pyramid Row, don’t offer me your silly Boardwalk!

Had to buy this. I have a miniature schnauzer and he looks just like the dog token–and I always play the dog. This is like a t-shirt made from heaven…

I’d pay money for a kevlar51/walmazan of Settlers of Catan. Also for Risk, as long as it demonstrated conquering the world from New Guinea, which is what my brother always did. If somebody else started with New Guinea, he’d conquer New Guinea first, and then move on to the rest of the world. Every time.

Seriously, guys, I’m really happy to see this win. Definitely one of the most fun shirts this week.

Someone at woot has lost Monopoly one too many times. Might I suggest getting strategy advice from “experts.” Try the Cornell Monopoly Strategy Research Group:

http://people.orie.cornell.edu/~friedman/monopoly/

Your brother’s a smart man. Australia first. Then the world. That +2 each turn really comes in handy while everyone passes it off as fluff.

Man now I really want a Risk shirt. Australia was always a good strategy, although you need to make sure you have a foothold somewhere. Taking over all of Asia is just too hard to as your main attack front.

Wow…look at thar map! The West coast is wide awake. …and likes monopoly apparently. Woot writer, stay away from the west coast.