Do use regular or premium gas in your car?

Premium ethanol-free in one of my cars. Regular 87 octane 10% ethanol in the other one.

3 Likes

Neithrr, I use mid-grade begrudgingly since that’s what the owner’s manual says to do!

2 Likes

2009 Silverado: Regular
2015 Passat: Diesel
2013 Mini Cooper S Roadster: Premium
2003 Harley Davidson Road King: Premium

3 Likes

Premium gas can give you better gas mileage, at least on my car it does. My car calls for somewhere in between, but I get better mileage with premium.

2 Likes

I never owner a car that required premium. I did run ethanol free through an older Wrangler I owned because it seemed to run a bit better with it.

2 Likes

I got a '19 Honda Fit about 1.5 years ago… I just use it for commuting to the office. It’s a great little car. The manual specifically says to use regular, not premium. Averages 41-43 MPG every tank, depending on how much I have to drive my girls around after work. Can’t complain.

3 Likes

Neither. I don’t own a car.

4 Likes

Premium gasoline does not contain more “energy” than regular. It just has added combustion inhibitors for higher-pressure systems like turbo and supercharging. If your car doesn’t require premium, it’s a waste to use.

2 Likes

I use 100% ethanol summer blend with a shot of MTBE, I only drink water that’s imported from another country or state…. So ye

1 Like

I use tier 1 regular in my cars that require regular and tier 1 premium in my cars that require premium.

1 Like

The two Saabs get 93. The GMC 2500 6.0L definitely gets 87. Use whatever your owner’s manual calls for. If your vehicle needs 87, putting in 91/93 is wasting money. If your vehicle needs 91/93, putting in 87 will make less power and will likely be less efficient, wasting money.

2 Likes

I have a 2022 Nissan Leaf EV. Love it! Will never go back to a combustion engine.

2 Likes

Back in the day, we used to take pride in doing the hard work ourselves.

russian win GIF

2 Likes

I’m currently building a “toy” that I plan to tune on E85. More than likely, if that ain’t available, I’ll have to burn premium.

1 Like

What is this “gas” you’re talking about? My car uses electrons generated by the solar panels on my house.

1 Like

gunnar nelson mma GIF
All I need is regular because I’m a hybrid

2 Likes

I use diesel.

4 Likes

Premium. Unfortunately the engineers at Toyota demand it.

2 Likes

I miss my Jetta Diesel Sportswagon. 35 mpg in the city and up to 50 mpg on the highway.

1 Like

Premium in my 96 honda because that I can :laughing:
Driving Road Trip GIF by SoulPancake

1 Like