Do use regular or premium gas in your car?

Jet Fuel
Rocket League Monster GIF by The Berry

2 Likes

Diesel!

1 Like

The Infiniti and Nissan dealerships have told me to use regular in my last three vehicles.

1 Like

1 Like

Regular in the car
Premium in the truck
Premium in the motorcycle

1 Like

class mustache GIF

Midgrade

1 Like

I actually use ethanol free

1 Like

What if I mount a uranium device capable of generating 1.21 jigawatts of power and…

2 Likes

Just had a major surgery (kidney transplant) so I have no need for fuel for the next 6+ weeks. Ouch!

1 Like

Tell me that you don’t understand EVs without saying that you don’t understand EVs.

1 Like

Regular in the Hondas and premium in the Elise.

1 Like

For anyone here who doesn’t know, if your car has a turbocharger or supercharger you should use premium only for the best efficiency and performance. Most modern factory turbo cars can detect when you’re using regular and will de-tune the engine to avoid detonation (bad for the engine) that comes with using the more volatile “regular” gas.

If you’ve got an older car that has had a turbo or supercharger installed aftermarket, definitely only use premium unless you or your builder specifically tuned the engine for lower octane fuel. You can cause serious damage via detonation if you use 87 or 89 octane fuel in a high compression engine.

As for my garage, before we lost the Saab to a hit and run we only ran 93 octane in it due to the turbocharged engine. Its replacement is a Subaru Legacy that can handle 87 just fine. The Vic is E85 certified, but we typically just run 87 in it as it runs like a horse with three broken legs on E85 and gets terrible mileage. The '92 Sonoma gets 87 right now, but if I’m able to source the parts to turn it into a shadetree Syclone as planned, I’ll have to switch to 93 in it.

1 Like

Regular. But, only when I want to drive anywhere… (wink, woot, wink).

2 Likes

regular. 87 is fine for my little Scion. always a dilemma when i travel to states where the octane ratings go down. higher altitudes give you 85 on the “low” end.

1 Like

Thank goodness, unleaded. Wait…what did I just say? I walk everywhere now :flushed:

2 Likes

I recently realized that the youngsters in my office have no idea what “leaded gasoline” is.

3 Likes

Who’s Ethyl? I’ve never met her…

2021 Corolla. Regular gas is dandy in it.

2 Likes

Confused Season 5 GIF by Paramount+

2 Likes

*you

2 Likes

Regular in the mouf, decaf up the butt

1 Like