Do you have a fax machine?

Do you have a fax machine?

13 Likes

No.

15 Likes

I have one at work. Its amazing how many financial institutions still use them.

15 Likes

printer shredder GIF

26 Likes

Fax machines and AOL go hand in hand

Dial Up Al Gore GIF by For(bes) The Culture

20 Likes

Just in case anyone else was curious, I googled the fax number and it leads to the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles lol

32 Likes

My fancy printer I have for crafting does have a fax machine is it hooked up nope……

17 Likes

Ditto.

11 Likes

I came to see if anyone had looked it up now I don’t have to google the number :rofl:

16 Likes

I work in healthcare and it amazes me how much faxing we do. The first commercial telefax service started in 1865, which predates the telephone. Here we are over 150 years later and still faxing.

19 Likes

I have the capability on my cell phone works great when I need it. Can receive and send faxes.

13 Likes

Nope, but my mother does. It’s about as high tech as she was willing to go. Refused to get a computer, even though it would have been so much easier for both of us to communicate with each other.

11 Likes

I still use a service that HAND DELIVERS physical documents anywhere in the country for less than a buck. But, no, no fax machine.

Vote Early Election 2020 GIF by INTO ACTION

27 Likes

I’d rather have a facts machine.

11 Likes

Country Music Singer GIF by Dierks Bentley

9 Likes

I used to have a fax machine, but for all my trying the recipients never got anything more than a cheap facsimile.

11 Likes

Could someone who has a fax machine please please please fax the number… The suspense is killing me!

Bored Daily Show GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

Willy Wonka Suspense GIF

10 Likes

I believe it’s because a fax is direct from number to number so it’s compliant with privacy laws. An email goes through intermediary services, which introduces a possibility of being viewed or intercepted by someone else.

21 Likes

Lots of health care facilities still use faxes.

15 Likes

Yes, used once. Probably my worst purchase made. Does scan to PDF also but so do many better options now. Office software outputs to PDF. Work remotely. Apps that convert word documents to PDFs and PDFs to .docx. Now can eFax from phone.

12 Likes