Do you own an Air Fryer? Come share your favorite uses and recipes!

Several of us are brand new owners of 2.6 Qt. Air Fryers, thanks to DaveJLives & 12/2021 Postmongering.

This is the one I/we have: https://www.amazon.com/DASH-DCAF200GBGY02-Temperature-Non-Stick-1000-Watt/dp/B0815KPZVB

I know people swear by them, and use them for all sorts of things I would never think of, so if you are one of those people, please come share how you use yours.

Post pictures of your meals, your favorite recipes, unusual uses, favorite blogger sites who post recipes, etc…

And let us know your air-fryer-fails too! What is it NOT good for???

11 Likes

Soup. Ice cream. Cereal.

10 Likes

I’m waiting for someone to drop a recipe in here that proves that wrong :laughing:

8 Likes

Here’s hoping. :smiley:

5 Likes

I hear air fryers make really crappy margaritas.

6 Likes
8 Likes

Air fryers arent good for cooking just bacon (at least the type you listed isn’t), or country fried steak. It might seem appealing when you start, but I guarantee neither of these will come out well. I know from experience.

If you are cooking tater tots or fries, this works great. My mom has cooked gluten free fried chicken in one of these and it turned out ok (I think the oven would be better for this, but if it is summer and you are trying to cut down on the heat this is probably a better option).

7 Likes

Ha, that’s awesome. Thanks, Dave.

7 Likes

They do cook tater tots nicely.

Preheat to as hot as it goes.
Throw in Tater Tots.
Cook them.
Remove Tater Tots.
Eat Tater Tots.
Serve with meat of some kind, dip in good salsa or ketchup.
Open & enjoy a beer with it.
Done.

9 Likes

Just to clarify on my previous post, the bacon and steak didn’t cook thoroughly. There may be a solution out there for this, but just throwing it in there didn’t work

4 Likes

@Wooter772326458

I have a table top convection toaster oven. If you’re needing ideas then any recipe for a convection oven would probably work for an air fryer.

5 Likes

You can use the pre-cooked ones from Sams or WalMart.

They also have steak fingers and chicken fingers.

3 Likes

Frozen pizza is a bad idea.

Reheating pizza works fine.

7 Likes

I mainly use it like a toaster over so far, reheating & toasting. but I did make tater tots & they were a success!

6 Likes

I lied Paula Deen didn’t have you covered but the Auzzies do.

9 Likes

What about penguin balls?

Er nuggets.

Fingers?

Planks.

12 Likes

Mmmmm penguin balls (nuggets). We could have a whole meal from start to finish in ball form.

12 Likes

I’ll bring the fancy extra long toothpicks with the plastic flags on the end.

12 Likes

noot noot GIF

8 Likes

Yeah, those flag toothpicks are the best.

This BTW is a game changer. I’ll never microwave pizza again. It’s almost like the pizzas coming fresh out of the oven again.

9 Likes