Do you own an Air Fryer? Come share your favorite uses and recipes!

I like to warm it just a little in the microwave before the oven. If I just go straight in the air fryer, it afton burns on the edges.

8 Likes

I use it to make so many things. I like to play, “Let’s see if we can air fry it!” I’ve successfully made steaks, pork chops, chicken, fish, etc. Last night I coated 2 boneless pork chops with a shake-n-bake type coating and they came out, as usual, crispy on the outside, juicy and tender on the inside in less time than it would take to heat up my oven. I make these meats without crispy coatings as well, just season them and cook. I use my meat thermometer to check doneness (air fyers cook faster than your oven). Tortillas wrapped around meat, cheese, veggies, sauce and air fry til outside is golden makes a nice lunch. Pretty much anything you can cook in an oven, you can cook in an air fryer faster and easier. You’re just limited by the size of the fryer compared to an oven. We recently bought a new full-size range/oven and we got one with an air fry setting. Awesome for whole pizzas that won’t fit in the countertop air fryer!

Use your imagination and it will become your favorite appliance. I know it’s ours.

8 Likes

I like to make sweet potato fries in mine…

5 Likes

Do not try to dehydrate bananas in an air fryer. Just trust me on this one
Ha Ha Reaction GIF

8 Likes

Seems like I now have a tater tot cooker to go with my pizza dough maker (aka bread machine) :laughing:

8 Likes

Why is frozen pizza a bad idea? I would think that is ideal for an Air Fryer (not that I can even remember the last time I had frozen pizza)…

4 Likes

It burns. The outside is black before the inside is melted.

6 Likes

My dear late Wife used it for trying to grill a steak. It was good for resoling shoes.

7 Likes

@pepper114 is so right. A frozen pizza needs time to cook the dough internally. Unfortunately, an air fryer would sear top and bottom with risk of charring it while still giving you uncooked center dough. Think of it as a blow torch electric broiler.

It would be good for salmon with skin on top, soy sauce, and green onions. Delectable crispy skin without adding more oil.

6 Likes

The squirrel didn’t complain when I tossed the burnt pizza frisbee out into the yard, but I’ve noticed he eats at the neighbor’s house more.

9 Likes

Did he also ask for a dental plan like I did?

6 Likes

Yikes!

Hmmm, I have some frozen Ahi tuna, although I would be worried about ruining it by experimenting before I am more familiar with the fryer… :thinking:

I like both Salmon and Tuna on the rare side.

(I wonder if it would sear a super rare steak, while leaving it practically raw in the middle??)

3 Likes

You would like salmon WITH skin on top.
Seared crispy on top, slightly rare on bottom in the turbo broiler. That’s one good application of this device.

My kiddo broils in a regular broiler as you describe and middle is quite pink.
I do not like my steaks to still be mooing. Or my plate appear to have rivulets of blood when cutting a steak.

In fact, I don’t think I want veal anymore.
:crying_cat_face:

3 Likes

The air fryers that double as a toaster oven are a fair amount more versatile than what the OP has and there are a lot more recipes that work. The air fryer style they have is well suited for fries and tots

5 Likes

We made tater tots, onion rings, French fries, homemade pop tarts, hand pies, granola, spiced nuts, glazed nuts, tons of shrimp. My convection oven does the same thing for me. I use the oven, the rest of the house uses the air fryer.

So, this ice cream recipe has me curious…

6 Likes

I can’t remember which version I have but I got it on Woot a few months ago. It’s been sitting on my shelf not getting used…until recently.
My daughter said she had some fried chicken in the air fryer that turned out delicious. Stubborn me still didn’t try it until last week.
Now I will always buy extra chicken to reheat for lunch the next day. The air fryer makes it taste perfectly fresh :yum:

I also agree with reheated pizza!

That’s all I’ve tried though :woman_shrugging:t4::joy:

4 Likes

plain digestive biscuits

This does not sound appetizing on my fancy air fried ice cream.

3 Likes

You just aren’t trying hard enough :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Hey! I didn’t get an air fryer! I mean, not that I need another one. but …

So we use ours for all kinds of things! French fries. Onion rings. Fish sticks. Chicken nuggets. Whole chickens, even! We tried one recipe using egg and chirizo but we couldn’t get that to work right. We wound up finishing it in the skillet. Amazon has a lot of recipe ebooks and you can get them for free if your subscribe to kindle unlimited.

And, but the way… one of my pet peeves… there is reallyi nothing new about an “air fryer” and it’s not “frying” anything. It’s just a convection oven that has been around for decades. But hey… words don’t matter anymore, right?!

9 Likes

My BFF swears by her air fryer! She especially loves the frozen spring rolls she buys at Dollar Tree and says the regular egg rolls there are good, too, as well as other frozen items. (She says they cook quickly and no raw spots.)

Being her BFF, too, I got her the perfect Christmas “side items”: A couple gift cards to Dollar Tree! :smiley_cat: Now she can buy more spring rolls and try other things, too!

3 Likes