Does anyone have any weird quirks?

1. I eat the food on my plate one entire item at a time, finishing it before going to the next one. Someone once called it an order-eater. What gets eaten first and last depends on how quickly it cools off. If it cools fast, it gets to be first. Items that are supposed to be cold or room temperature are last. At a restaurant if salad is served first, I’ll go ahead and start eating it. But immediately abandon it when the hot food arrives.

2. When meeting new people, or chatting with someone I admire that I don’t know very well, suddenly I’ll freeze up. The thought will pop into my head that I am talking too much (even when I’m not), and that I need to be quiet. Then, instead of asking them a question to continue the conversation, my brain goes into deep freeze and I can’t think of a single thing to say. Sort of a deer in the headlights moment. It does not last very long. Luckily some people see it, recognize it, and smoothly carry on with the conversation. I thought I was past this quirk, but it happened again recently.

:heart: :cat: :tshirt:

:no_entry_sign: :cat:

3 Likes

I’m a statistician by trade but love playing the lottery.

I have anxiety about dying before I get to finish any new book series I start.

1 Like

meh did it first.

https://meh.com/forum/topics/quirks

Heh, Woot did it before then. I can’t remember if it was Deals Woot, or Woot itself. I enjoyed it so much that I thought it should be revived! Searching for anything on Woot or Deals is not an easy thing right now.

1. I have no quirks

2. I lie about everything.

3. No I don’t.

6 Likes

I won’t drink beer from a can.
I rarely drink beer from a bottle.
I pour the beer into a nice mug or glass.
I also don’t like when a restaurant pours my beer into a frozen mug.

1 Like

Let It Go dave

6 Likes

Is it a quirk or a symptom if I keep dropping things I think I have a hold of?

1 Like

When using eggs, I HAVE to leave the carton in a balanced pattern. If I can’t, I often take another egg so I can.

4 Likes

I like messing with seating arrangements. Whether it’s a classroom or in meetings, people always sit in the same seats. I’ll purposely move around so people can’t sit in their “normal” seats.

3 Likes

@faughtey You just didn’t know that you were totally cool on the eat-salad-later thing. In some countries, the salad is served after the entreé to “clear the palate” and get it ready for dessert. Très chic!

1 Like

Thanks @cwolfpack3 :smiley:
My weird quirk does not seem quite so weird anymore :green_salad:

1 Like

Perforations. I can’t stand perforations that don’t tear right. Desk calendars, notepads, Puff kleenex boxes.

1 Like

Oh, I save cardboard boxes, just in case I might need one that size, or in case someone needs them to move. Eventually I toss them in the recycling bin but it pains me to do so.

I have had exes throw fits over it. :-/

I’m not a hoarder, I like to give things away, but I do not like to waste, and this society is awfully wasteful with cardboard. So I save. And save. And save, until the mountain gets too high.

2 Likes

You know that there are all kinds of gardening methods that use cardboard, and probably Master Gardeners in your area who would love to have them. Right?

2 Likes

Umm, you should get checked out…

1 Like

When I eat I chew food evenly on each side. I will divide my food up into an even number of equal parts of similar size or cut one medium sized piece off and then split it evenly. First bite is chewed on the right side. Second bite, left side. Right side. Left side.

Sometimes I will slip and eat almost everything on the right side and then remind myself to chew on the opposite side I’m sure I’m messing up my jaw but I can’t stop unless I consciously think about it. I’ve had to sit and think about chewing on both sides of my mouth sometimes…

1 Like

What does it mean?

It could be nothing; it could be carpal tunnel or some other neuropathy that causes it. mtn3pitt’s advice is spot on … mention it to the doc and get it checked out.

2 Likes