Doing something productive in your free time.

That is a tricky one. Parents usually control how clean a kid is.
Unless he is a immigrant, then you need to point out what is acceptable for this country, which might differ from where the parents came from.

Yeah Fen, you like to build things. Besides, you always can use the knowledge in your own home.

most cultures don’t accept nose picking. These kids don’t have that excuse.

But you would be stopping the famous ewwwwwwwwwwwww sound kids make when they see it.

So, the worst thing about your kids is that they pick their noses?

even the kids have grown so inured to this constant behavior that the picking and eating fest goes on uninterrupted most days except for my constant admonishments to go wash hands or use a tissue.

besides then coming and grabbing my clothes or hands after doing a little nasal cavity exploration, there are quite a few other habits that are hard to deal with. Most, however, have some root in either behavioral disorders or fear/anxiety or other cause. Getting to the root of any issue usually solves it.

edit: getting to the root of this one, however, just creates more nose goo all over the room.

yet another reason i wouldn’t teach the lower grades…

play zwok

Develop your creative/artistic ability. Draw, chop, sculpt, paint, write, compose, choreograph, etc.

sING?