Domaine Chandon Etoile Rosé<br> Sparkling Two - Pack

Would this be considered a dry sparkler?
(sounds like it)

Is this the same wine?
http://wespeakwine.com/index.php?p=product&id=441&parent=1

I can’t find any Chandon Etoile Napa-Sonoma Rose in the WS data base rated 92.

When I follow the CT links it seems that it’s available for $32.97 a bottle pre-shipping, not $50. Amirite?

Not exactly. That is a NV (non-wintage). This one on woot is a 2001.
From the Chandon website:
ACCOLADES
92 Points Wine Spectator
December 31, 2008
90 Points Wine Enthusiast
December 31, 2008

Just hit the gold button with a smile on my face. I have been requesting a sparkling since before June. So thank you Woot, you were listening. Now, if I could only become a LabRat as well. Have never been one and I am feeling a little left out. Would love the opportunity to test and report. Have a nice couple next door who would be ideal for helping me voice an opinion. So I am off to bed and instead of sugar plums dancing it will be corks a popping…

He uses the winery price. It is listed at $50 on the Chandon website ($40 for club members).

I can’t remember the last time Virginia was NOT on the list of states eligible for delivery. But it’s missing this time around…a fact I sadly discovered when I tried to order three.

WineDavid, would you be so kind as to check and make sure that this omission is not in error? Depriving the Sparkletariat of Etoile is just plain wrong…

Oh no! You of all people can’t be deprived of this. I see VA listed on the Chandon website. But I also see states missing but are listed on woot, like CT.

Found this on liquorama.net, for those who find reassurance in numerical reviews. Haven’t seen the original in WE.

http://tinyurl.com/n6lowt

Chandon Etoile Rose Sparkling 2001
Rated 92

Wine Enthusiast Review
Released at the same time as Chandon’s 2000 Etoile, this is built along the same elegant, classic lines, but it’s younger. fresher and, being a rose, quite a bit richer in fruit. In fact, it’s extraordinarily delicious, a melange of sorbets ranging from raspberry, cherry and peach to lime and vanilla. The finish is crisp and clean. Should hang in there through the decade.

Wine Tasting Notes
In keeping with the traditional rose winemaking method, we add a small amount of red wine (Pinot Noir) prior to tirage to create the distinctive salmon color with copper hues. The wine’s aromas are rich and complex - floral notes with Santa Rosa plum, raspberry and nutmeg. These aromas follow through on the palate and are layered with candied ginger and pomegranate flavors, evolving into truffle, cocoa and earthy tones. The wine finishes with excellent length and richness that will stand up to a variety of foods.

also what is the ideal temperature for storing sparkling wines.

I believe that’s what it says on their website, but, as far as I can tell, the only Chandon rated 92 in that issue is the Pinot Noir North Coast Reserve Rose NV. Here’s the list, for what it’s worth:
DOMAINE CHANDON
Blanc de Noirs California NV 85 $22
Brut California Classic NV 88 $22
étoile Rosé Sonoma-Napa Counties NV 88 $50
Pinot Noir North Coast Reserve Rosé NV 92 $30

Same as still wine, around 55 degrees or so. (Under 59 max)
One difference though- store it vertically!
Great explantion on why to store it vertically.

Interesting. It seems the NV étoile Rosé got an 88. Maybe somebody who subscribes has that issue saved and can actually look in the magazine.

Thanks for the link, I found it interesting.

Since these seem to have plain old bottle caps as a closure, it seems like you could store it either way, no?

this is my wife’s favorite bottle of champagne. we’ve tried many others, including higher end french roses, and nothing else seems to compare. so i’m in for one (and maybe more if the wife wants). if your lucky enough to find an older bottle sitting on some shelf somewhere (mid 1990s or so when they were still using corks) buy it…it was a noticeably better champagne.

this is also a very good price. i went the other day to buy a bottle at my local bevmo and it was $37. i passed in favor of some mumm on a deep sale. every so often it’ll get down to low $30s/high $20s on sale…but it’s rare. the only time i’ve ever seen it at this price point was once at costco…and i’ve never seen them carry it again.

You are correct. It does look like these have crown caps in the woot picture. The pictures on the Chandon website show a regular cork and cage but the two pictures in CT show a crown cap.
Love your sig btw.

Bubbles!

Semi SIWMB does not apply to sparklers!

WD scored with this one. Chandon was my favorite sparkler stop on our Sonoma trip in 2008. Great tour, nice tasting room and I even bit on the wine club for a year or so.

Hate it when I am dyslexic at 1:30. SIWBM Yeah… .You knew what I meant…

Im a sales rep for this champagne, and this is a wonderful deal, considering many stores are charging $56.99 for just one bottle.

I can’t find my little card that has temps, but IIRC, it seemed sparkling wine was to be stored at a lower temp …

Hope it helps.