Domaine Trouvere Mixed Reds 4-Pack
$69.99 (Normally $96.00) 27% off List Price
2 2009 Domaine Trouvere Syrah
2 2008 Domaine Trouvere Tempranillo, Umpqua Valley

Domaine Trouvere 2008 Chardonnay 3-Pack
$53.99 (Normally $72.00) 25% off List Price
2008 Domaine Trouvere Chardonnay, Dundee Hills
CT links above

These wines are the result of Lange Estate Winery’s new project named Domaine Trouvere.

Lange has been producing world-class Burgundian varietals for over 25 years, but Trouvere offers a venue for focusing on some newer varietals like Tempranillo and Syrah.

Kissy Fish: you never came back on board a few days back to answer our questions about your red wine. Why?

Sorry bout that…I had a Cascade Lakes Relay to attend to in Central Oregon. Is there something specific I can answer?

Lange is so tired and outclassed by their neighbors. It’s not the 90s anymore.

But, Tempranillo and Syrah from the Umpqua Valley in the south of Oregon are the spot on varietals for the region. I say give this a shot, I bet the quality to price ratio is much better than the Lange Pinot offerings.

Seriously Lange, your $20 Willamette Pinot blend tastes like plastic, and it shouldn’t require going to $50 to get something that tastes like $30 from, say, Four Graces right down the hill. And please pave your road, it’s high time.

Are you talking about the 2010 vintage? WS 91… That’s a respectable score for their least expensive offering, and the review (a palate I trust) never lists plastic in their description.

Sounds like someone’s got a personal vendetta against Lange.

Yikes! And THIS is why folks love the anonymous nature of a chat room…Interestingly enough, the recent press on our $20 pinot noir has been overwhelming. 92 pts from Wine and Spirits and 91 from Wine Spectator…Those kind of accolades are great at $50…and a steal at $20.

I see you make no mention of the unpaved road, though. Highly suspect! :tongue:

Yes, agreed, the State owned gravel road can be annoying, but you can’t have commanding views of the Cascade Range (Mt. Hood/Mt. Jefferson) and the entire Willamette Valley from the Valley Floor. Elevation required! We used to joke that the road was our BFD. (Bozo Filtration Device)

Anybody want any details on the delicious wines?

I’m on a baby induced wine buying moratorium, but I know that we, as a community, appreciate your participation (again), save for that weirdo above us who is pissed at the world.

Thank you much for the support! Our wines age exceedingly well if you are on the 9month lay-away program! The Tempranillo and Syrah specifically…

lol
he doesn’t need any encouraging. but i do love syrah and have had 0 OR syrah’s to date. Interesting…

Any tasting notes on the chardonnay? We have been enjoying Willamette’s recently.

Actually, I’m not anonymous, and I told this directly to the tasting room manager when I was last in. It’s not personal, it’s not about scores, it’s about producing a product that’s honest about how it’s made, and an honest value. I believe Lange’s Willamette blend is a poor value, and could better respect the reputation Willamette wines deserve. The vineyard designates do that. The blend does not. Both are overpriced.

But enough about that. Dom Trouvere IS a good value, and people should buy it here. Very distinctive of Umpqua fruit in my opinion. Honest, in fact.

I didn’t know the road was state owned. Maybe ODOT should retarget the Dundee 99W funds your way. It’s lovely up there, even if the road is a chore.

Absolutely! The Trouvere Chardonnay is 100% Dundee Hills AVA fruit from one of our long-time vineyard partners. Its 100% Dijon Clone Chardonnay (96,95,76 clones). Its a blend of Chardonnay lots that were fermented in both stainless steel and (responsible use of) 2-4 year old French Oak barrels. I liken the style to be purely Oregon: Fresh and bright fruit characters, generous round texture and mouthfeel, and lively, fresh and balanced acids that give the wine some structure. 2008 was also one of the finest vintages to date.

Thanks!

This wine is unmitigated rubbish. Undrinkable. Both varietals, the Tempranillo and the Syrah. Utterly, utterly awful. My worst woot yet.

I bought these as I live in the Pacific Northwest and had a curiosity for, as

That’s correct. There’s no excuse for how bad this wine is and it shouldn’t have been sold here.