Domodimonti Picens Vino Rosso
$39.99 + $5 shipping
CONDITION: Red, Italy
PRODUCT: 3 2005 Picens Vino Rosso
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
4/26/12

If I’m reading the right thing on CT, this vintage has a 90 pt rating, based on 3 notes.

Tempting…

From the website:
“Appelation
Marche, Red, Indicazione Geografica Tipica (IGT)
Grape varieties
Montepulciano, Sangiovese, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon
Colour
Fairly intense purplish ruby.
Bouquet
Fine and expressive nose of blackberries, leather, mild spices and menthol.
Taste
Supple attack on the palate with a pleasing tannic structure. An ample yet elegant wine.
Serve at 17°C with a grilled tuna steak drizzled with an ‘au jus’ sauce hinted with cinnamon or a lacquered loin of pork with Ras el Hanout.”

Ummmm…MENTHOL??? No thanks.

You wooters that already wooted, what do you know that we don’t?

I like the specs on this wine and I like the region. I’m in.

That Scott Harvey likes it.

I bought an order in the last woot off. I took two bottles (along with some others) home for mother’s day weekend. We had it with a grilled meal of skirt steak, chicken thighs and asparagus. It was very smooth with a nice finish. It was much more than I expected. I ordered three to keep some stocked at my mother’s house because it was one of the few things that she and my sister in law agreed on (a very rare occurrence).

I’ve been trying to be good during this Woot-off, but I might finally give in and buy this one. Plus, I like it when the imported wines are available in Texas.

Imported from San Carlos, CA?

What country do you live in?

This looks really good, but I’m confused – is the wine from Italy or California?

USA.

Not California.

Condition: Red, Italy

Somehow it seems appropriate that the targeted ad at the bottom of this Woot forum screen currently says:

Methamphetamine Addiction
Expert Treatment for Professionals
Innovative/Results-Driven Therapy

I wonder if they have a program for wine buying addiction?

In for 1!

Thanks. That’s what I thought but wanted to make sure. I ordered one, and have a feeling that I’ll regret not doubling up.

Check the winery website that Cesare linked to for more info about where this is from:

http://www.domodimonti.com/

I have a question- when it comes to “Residual Sugar: 4.97 g/l” how does that translate into percentage? (Math is not my thing- at all)

This alone does nearly put me into auto-buy mode…