Dr Heater Infrared Patio Heater with Tripod

Dr Heater Infrared Patio Heater with Tripod

Dr Infrared Heater DR-338 Carbon Infrared Patio Heater with Tripod, Black https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08R6R6WFZ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_DSP7J81TEZAH0M6K1HYD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I have this heater. It works as well as can be expected for 1500 watts. I have it outdoors on a covered patio. A lot of the negative reviews say it is not really rated to use outside. Mine doesn’t get direct rain but some blowing snow occasionally finds its way to it and it has not been a problem. A week ago it had a 1/2 inch of snow on it when I turned it on and it melted off without issue.

The bulk of the other complaints are that it does not put out enough heat. These people do not understand how much energy it takes to generate heat and that a 110 volt circuit is not going to give you all that much no matter what technology it is.

Overall, I am satisfied with mine, it does what I expected.

Why does the tripod have foot warmers?
ETA: oh, they’re sandbags to reduce tip-over risk. Got it.

2 Likes

Woot removed my comment which pointed out that this heater is top heavy and not stable on its stand. I know because I have one. The sand bags are REQUIRED to keep it from tipping over even indoors. A strong gust of wind can cause it to fall over if the sand bags are not used. I consider it a safety hazard to pets and small children but apparently `woot doesn’t and removed my previous comment. The higher you raise it on its stand the more unstable it becomes and if the safety cutoff fails it would likely cause a fire.

Your comment still exists, it’s just on a different thread:

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

Why? Where is the link to this thread?? Don’t you think consumers should be informed about the risks this product may pose? I have this heater BUT I do NOT use the stand. I have it mounted on a wall where it works fine and consumers should be aware of how best to use this heater. The company knows this heater tips easily and therefore provided the sand bags to lower that risk but some consumers may not think they need to use the bags inside and that is a mistake that could lead to a tragic result. If this heater is raised to the maximum stand height a slight bump from a child or pet WILL cause it to fall over if the bags are not used.

TURBRO Electric Infrared Heater - 1500W - #2 by poutie

(@peaceetc had embedded your post, which is why you didn’t see the link.)

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

The link was at the top of the comment I embedded. Thanks to Froodyfrog for providing a more obvious link.

I think perhaps the confusion stems from there being multiple threads about similar items.