Dr. Infrared Heater

I have a heater similar to this (box unit with infrared heat)…It works best in a (more or less) sealed room. In our dining room with pocket doors, we can keep most of the heat from escaping and have a nice warm room. In our living room that opens to the foyer and stairs, it doesn’t seem very efficient at all. Which I think most space heaters would have a problem.

With that being said, the heat that come out of this heater is “warm” so it is much more comfortable than a space heater with metal elements that “burns” the air with “hot” heat. You don’t suffer as much from dry sinuses and throat like those cheaper space heaters.

It is a very comfortable heat.

Hoping for the best on this one, will use it to heat the bedroom in my condo where I am at 95 percent of the time that I am home and keep the rest of the house cold for the most part. Why heat the whole house when you are not using it most of the time. Hope this works out well and is less expensive then heating the whole place to make up for the $105 this costs.

Is this heater Dr. recommended?

http://www.tobaccocampaign.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/doctors-smoke-camel.jpg

I have owned this heater for three years. It keeps my bedroom very warm on the coldest winter days.

Subjective. Some people consider 39 dB to be loud (I don’t), and 46 dB is more than twice as loud.

Walmart has this same heater, different name, Source Heat, for $79. SAME SPECS and has an added bonus(for us anyway), a 12 hour timer. LOVE IT! Infrared heat is the best. We gave up on our electric radiator heaters. All the heat goes up! With these the fan circulates the heat evenly. Go check out Walmart folks! :o

this one also has a 12 hour timer

I can’t wait for the ‘1500 watts are all the same watts’ discussions to begin.

Yeah, I love those. Even better when they try to show me it’s the same as my baseboard heaters because they misunderstood the information on the website they show to back up the claim.

Revisiting this thread, the heat cost from using this unit for several months to heat one bedroom was more then using the furnace to heat the whole house. would not recommend.