Dr. Jacob's Natural Soap Variety, 8-Pack

Dr. Jacob's Natural Soap Variety, 8-Pack

i like fancy soaps, but not ones made of palm oil or it’s derivatives. especially when they advertise that the soap is palm oil free (sodium palmate is a palm oil derivative and is their first ingredient):

palm oil and it’s derivatives are in nearly everything and it is one of the most destructive practices for the environment and orangutans:

even “sustainably sourced palm oil” is usually not and very hard to prove. best to avoid. not buying this round.

4 Likes

thanks for the note educating others. yes, palm oil appears in everything; I saw plantain chips at sprouts the other day with just 2 ingredients “plantain, palm oil”… did not know it was bad from environmental perspective (as with health), and that sodium palmate is a derivative.

any recommendations on good soaps you came across?

1 Like

i purchased these from amazon a while ago: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BH7ZFN6/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_XZG2EW46RWSXBK24GE6W though the packaging looked way different. either way i liked it and will likely get again.

one other thing to note, glycerin, another ingredient in most soaps can be palm derived, but in the questions and answers section, the company confirms that the glycerin is coconut derived.

1 Like

on a side note, the website updated their bar soap page so it no longer says “palm oil free”, so there’s a small win.

1 Like

wow! go dobby!

thank you! will surely try out Kirk’s.

1 Like