The ULTIMATE Information Post
Dream`eo Solo 20GB Portable GPS and Media Player
$229.99 + $5 Shipping
- 1 Dream`eo Solo 20GB Portable GPS & Media Player w/ 3.5" Touch Screen LCD
- PDA Today (3/5)
- Faults found on an external forum:
- The screen is difficult to read in daylight due to intense reflection.
- The earphone jack is the next size smaller than standard earphones. I think standard is 3.5mm the Solo is 2.5mm so it requires an adapter to use anything other than the provided earbuds.
- The car adapter is cheaply made and has issues in various vehicles maintaining a proper connection at the power jack. I have experienced this off and on in several rental cars.
Other Woot Appearances
At least its electronic
I already have one!
Darnit! G’nite all
Windows Media Player colors and icons? I think I’m going to puke…
In for 1 !!
these are better than slice bread. How old is the map software on it though?
GPS in my media player? It’s more likely than you’d think …
Looks like Dream’eo sticker just slapped on there??
Is this brand any good?
screen colors are god awful tho
Can this play mpeg-4 with B frames? Also What is the storage type? May toss My modded Rca Lyra 160 Gig for this, Depending on the storage type.
WARNING: DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!! DREAMEO IS A CRAP COMPANY
UNLESS YOU LIKE DEALING WITH A COMPANY THAT DOESN’T DO A DAMN THING FOR YOU IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM, THAT WILL DICK YOU AROUND UNTIL YOU GIVE UP, THAT CAN’T OFFER YOU REPAIR OR EXACHANGE BECAUSE IT’S ONLY 2 PEOPLE WORKING IN THE ENTIRE USA PORTION OF THE COMPANY, AND THEY AREN’T MAKING THIS PRODUCT ANYMORE, THEN STAY AWAY FROM “NIGHTMARE’EO” THEY F’N SUCK!
Windows? Nope. Good night.
May the random variations in the chaos bless you my son (or daughter, as the case might be).
How is the SiRF Star IIe/LP chipset with embedded ARM7TDMI CPU inferior to the SIRF Star III?
No, thanks. I’m perfectly happy with my Nav-Cam 7700 from a while back, which is running TomTom nav software, and a media player as well. I guess this would have been easier, though!
“With its Windows operating system and its intuitive interface…”
woot got a laugh out of me tonight…
I never thought that I would hear “Windows” and “intuitive” in the same sentence without a “not” appering in there as well…
i want reviews and pricing to talk me out of spending this money… please hurry and stop me
I have a mio:
it does the same thing (media player and gps) but for at least 50$ cheaper on average and it is very easy to use and it is high quality
Does this work on *nix? Heh drag and drop.