Dream Kitchen

They will be fine. Typically you do not want to use metal utensils on non-stick cookware because it will scratch the surface. With stainless steel this is obviously not a concern. Although, I think one of the benefits of stainless steel cookware is that you can use steel utensils (more rigid and durable) but that is just personal preference.

Thanks! I have very narrow countertop space on both sides of my stove and like the idea of not needing a spoonrest or trivet taking up space.

[snark]

Aussie-Rod-Stewart-Do-Ya-Think-Im-Sexy fry cook who had a show “Take Home Chef” where he would ambush hot housewives grocery shopping in their jammies and offer to shop with them and then go home and make them… dinner.

Then hubbie or BF or whomever would get home, and after the initial “WhutDaFudge is this curiously attractive young buck doing at home all day with my wife or GF or whomever” reaction countered by all of the “nuttin’, honey… really, despite the fact that we are both sweating like jungle icemakers and he is wearing the panties you bought me for Talk Like a Pirate Day” shrugs and looks from said partner, eventually comes around, and everyone enjoys an above average meal.

Then Curtis Stone, man has to hurry on his way. So he says goodbye sayin’ don’t you cry, I’ll be back again someday. Ostensibly to return the panties.

Just in case anyone is wondering, like I was, the 14 pc cookware on Amazon is listed as $299.99 regular price and $189.99 sale price.

I got a set of hard anodized cookware last year and love it so it’s definitely worth it. Just wish there was more honesty in prices.

I bought the 14-pc set off a Woot about a month 1/2 ago, haven’t used all the pans, but I am very happy with them for the price and what I have used!!

My Capresso espresso machine (Made in Portugal) is the best pump machine I’ve used, rivaling even my La Pavoni lever unit.

However, there is a trend to fill in a product line at lower price points with Asian cheapies (poor quality control, weak parts), some of which are OK, others not.

“Unlimited steam output produces hot frothed milk for cappuccino and latte” is a great feature, also found on my machine, so that is one positive indicator.

I guess the question is how much Capresso cares about their reputation versus making a quick buck. Be nice to hear from an owner of THIS unit.

I have this toaster. Not overly impressed with it, but it gets the job done. The toasting is uneven and seems to go from half untoasted to burned in the blink of an eye. The list price is ridiculous. I bought mine at Macy’s on sale for the same price as woot.

See…much better write up from a WOOT’er than say Wiki. Thanks for the info & for the fun read.

where are they made?

There are mixed reviews on Bed Bath and Beyond’s website…

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=18700921

Just wanted to mention this: we’ve gone through 2 of these kettles in 2 years because of a design problem. The tab that holds the lid on the kettle is made of plastic, and eventually degrades because of thermal stress or just plain use. The lid breaks off, and you can’t get a replacement part. Granted, we use it every single day for about a year before this happens; nevertheless, our next kettle is going to be something a little more rugged.

To the Powers That Be who tag quality posts: surely the above deserves a tick!

That there is a pretty poorly conceived photo for an outfit that sells so many “reconditioned” items! Looks like the plastic is broken on the toaster! (Which, by description, is actually new. But I only looked at the description b/c I couldn’t believe Woot’d actually show the condition of a re-conditioned!) (I’ve never bought a recon here so that’s not a jab at woot as much as at all re-sellers - and at the art team!

Does anyone know if the pressure cooker can be used on an induction stove-top. The 2.2 qt on Amazon states that it can be but this is a different size with slightly different description.

I received my Capresso electric kettle last week and I’m loving it! And there’s ZERO strange smell associated with it.