Dremel Duo Kit 7.2v 2-Tool Kit with Stylus and Driver

just bought the 10.8v for 100$… why couldnt they have the 10.8v for this price?

if I was still into casemodding I would be all up on this. a dremel is a very useful tool when doing sheet metal work

If you want a real dremel you will buy a corded model. The battery operated dremels are far inferior to that of the corded ones.

I bought a single speed dremel, sold it, now I have a variable speed dremel and it’s great!

Excuse me I just wooted one dremel… It kinda hurt but with the way changes are about to be made it hurts in a hopefully good way.

When you click on the picture, the corded charger is even more apparent, and the accessory case is shown too. In for one.

I think the charger (which is definitely mentioned in the description), is part of the “tool storage bay”. I don’t think there is any doubt that it comes with the charging base.

At Home Depot yesterday, I saw some dremel kit and i thought about buying it. It looked like a good deal and homedepot.com has some kits that are comparable in price. I passed on it, and I’ll pass on this because I really don’t need it.

does the stylus come with a collet that supports small drill bits, say 1/32 to 1/8?

Wouldn’t it have been easier to just use a drill?

maybe If owned a drill, it woulda. but I’m not my dad, he’s the carpender. I just like something I can also use once and a while at work.

I have one of these and the driver is really good. It is much better than the “Skil” Li-ion driver tool that often sells for about $40-$50. And this set includes both the driver and the “moto-tool.” I haven’t done much with the Dremel high-speed tool yet, but I tried it and it seems to work well and has a nice feel.

Bought it on clearance at Home Depot a few months ago for a bit more than this – so the Woot price is a nice deal. Nicely packaged and Would make a nice gift.

[Edit:] Not sure if this was already mentioned, but… I really like the Woot description, including the “rare earth magnetic git holder”

I have the stylus and I love it…with a couple exceptions.

The cordlessness makes it prone to underpoweredness (high speed, low torque), and it doesn’t have the juice for those long work sessions. Yes, that is what she said.

But for small projects or little things around the house, this is a great price on an easy-to-use tool. Lack of accessories shouldn’t be a concern, because you’ll want to customize your accessory selection based on your uses anyways. Not everybody needs a buffer, glass etcher, steel cutter, and saw blade sharpener.

Ah man!! I bought the same dremel for $70 a month ago at Home Depot without the screw driver!

For every 18V drill and corded Dremel scenario, I’ve always wished that I could have a compact, cordless alternative. This seems to be it.

My only real concern is whether or not the Li-ion battery is user-serviceable. Admittedly, most of the reasons why Ni-Cd and Ni-Mh batteries need to be replaced is because they constantly lose charge, so I’m far more likely to get the full charge cycle life out of the Li-ion, but…

SO…

What exactly do you do with a stylus?

I actually have this tool, it is very useful if you do home improvements.It’s also surprisingly powerful for a little tool. Way to go Woot!

THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID.

Seriously, when you think “dremel tool” the stylus is probably similar to what you’re thinking of. It’s a small one of those rotary tool doohickeys. http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Tools/Pages/ToolDetail.aspx?pid=1100

What you do depends on your attachments. See here, but remember the stylus is probably underpowered for many of these applications: http://www.dremel.com/en-us/AttachmentsAndAccessories/Pages/CategoryProducts.aspx?catid=19&catname=Attachments

This will save me a bundle on DIY dental work.

Regarding the charger-- I notice the charging cord appears clearly in the photo. I’m buying one. The cordless feature is a big selling point to me.

lawl

Be sure to post vids on youtube, k?