DS01 or DS02 1080p Webcam

DS01 or DS02 1080p Webcam

It appears to be sold under different brands, this looks like the DS02: 1080P Webcam with Microphone for https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0897QB985/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_V7PJNRG0MHSFQJNX9RV0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The DS01 look-alike had similar medium-star reviews. For the price these seem like decent buys if you need one.

2 Likes

What’s the difference between the two other than a couple bucks?

I was wondering that myself. The only difference I really see is a slight difference in the microphone description, but most of that is the same.
Maybe once just a newer model?

Main difference is that the DS01 has autofocus on the video and the DS02 does not.

Will there be a Johnny Five model!?
^^X^^

I got the DS02 in the last Woot. I was disappointed to find out that they were fixed focus…or so I thought. I pried open the cover today (it popped off easily and cleanly), slid off the silver ring, and discovered that the manual focus lens was glued in place.

I used a pliers to gently turn the lens until the glue broke. Reassembling the case, I can now focus down to the surface of the lens, or to infinity, by turning the silver ring.

As you can see in photo #4 vs #5, lens flare is definitely an issue - no big surprise.

It’s a decent 1080p imager, and a cheap plastic lens, but overall the quality is pretty good.

Note: Don’t blame the camera. That’s really what I look like.

3 Likes