Duvets 'N Duvet Stuffin'

Is the burgundy really a burgandy color or is it red like it appears on my monitor?

What is the fill power and thread count of that comforter?

[MOD EDIT: Found - 250 thread count 100% cotton outer]

If you’re thinking of buying both the duvet and cover, the sizes don’t match :frowning:

Duvet:
Twin 62" x 86"
Full/Queen 86" x 86"
King 102" x 86"

Cover:
Twin: 68" x 90"
Full/Queen: 90" x 90"
King: 106" x 90"

Probably 2 inches in all directions to account for the thickness of the comforter.

Stuffing a duvet would be akin to a turducken, since a duvet is a comforter, and then you put it inside the duvet cover.

Guess I’ll go with a different color since I can’t determine if the burgandy one is more red or maroon… on my screen it appears red, not burgandy. Does anyone on the Woot! staff know?

You need a little extra material on the cover to allow for the height (thickness) of the cover.

We didn’t get samples of that so I’m afraid we’ll be of no help this time. Sorry. :frowning:

I have the same question - you can’t ask the manufacturer?

Begged and cried. That seemed to work. It’s more red as shown. We’re gonna tweak the titles.

I don’t think the duvet is 4" thick. I currently have a 90x90 cover with a 90x90 duvet and it fits perfectly. I had a cover that didn’t match the blanket. The extra material made the blanket slide around much more easily inside the cover.

what?

4" additional fabric when laid flat consists of 4" of fabric on the top layer, and 4" of fabric on the bottom layer–8" of extra fabric down the width, and 8" down the length. If you were to stuff a box in there, representative of duvet “loft,” you’ll discover that you have room for not 2" of loft, but 4", with half of the 8" of extra slack in each direction taken up on each side.

As much as I was going to counter Badlass, when I did the math I agreed; the duvet covers are a bit on the roomy side for these. But of course…you could put two duvets in there. :slight_smile:

Actually, it’s not. Well, sort of, as the terms are used interchangeably depending on where you’re from. I’ll copy here (modified a little for more clarity) what I wrote last time these comforters/duvet covers were offered:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the difference is:

A “comforter” is a single piece, with the pretty covering, filled with down or synthetic material, that if you need to clean it, you have to clean the entire thing because you can’t remove the outer layer.

A “duvet” with “duvet cover” is a 2-piece deal. The duvet is like a comforter in that it is a single piece filled with down or something, but it has just a plain outer fabric. A “duvet cover” is the pretty pattern covering that looks like a big bag that can be removed and washed separately. Sort of like a pillow where you can remove the pillowcase to wash … you can remove a duvet cover to wash it, and you can’t do that with a comforter.

Personally, I did buy a duvet cover for my comforter because I wanted to change the look in my bedroom and it was cheaper than buying a new comforter (or a new duvet/cover combo)

Where are the buttons to open/close placed, along the top/bottom or down the middle? Thank you

Buttons are at the bottom. You don’t want button images on your face when you wake up in the morning. :slight_smile:

What’s the brand??

We often can’t give out the manufacturer’s name because their other retail channels get mad at them over the prices. Our buyers work to get you the best price possible.
Sorry, but no name.

You have to have room for the loft of the actual comforter or you will have it all bunched up. The sizes look correct to me to make it work.