Dyson 10” Bladeless Fan

Also, question, how powerful is this, really? I am looking to replace my Vornado 783B which has a chipped blade, making it super noisy.

Obviously this Dyson isn’t as powerful, but is it at least half as powerful? Could it circulate the air in a large room or is it a glorified desk fan?

hmm, I kinda want to see what can make it through while it is on. ping pong balls, paper footballs…

It is grossly overpriced at $199 for the performance it offers. At $99, it is better, but still doesn’t work as well as less expensive fans.

So if Dyson is the same company that makes Vacuums that are made to suck, then I suppose it would stand to reason that if they just reversed the wires they have something that blows… and if their vacuum cleaners are bladeless then it would stand to reason their fans are to.

Quite logical Captain.

Funny, I didn’t notice that my usual fan had an “unpleasant buffeting” sensation, until now. Huh.

The “fan” is largely a curio; it’s quite ineffective in all respects that a fan would be usually judged for.

(reposted video) - EDIT: I totally read the description… :expressionless:

I have one. These are VERY loud. ;-(

wootin’ robin
woot woot wootly woot.

You mean not overpriced? Chinese knockoffs for sure, they’re out there already the last time I was in Asia.

Yeah, these things are way too overpriced even at refurbished pricing.

I bursted my bubble too when I found out the blades were inside.

All I like from Dysons are the hand dryers honestly.

The vaccum, still overpriced

They should make Dyson headphones to compete with Beats, lol.

In regards to moving air, it’s not to bad. However I found the fan to be a little bit noisier than a conventional fan when pushing the same amount of air, it kind of bothered me so I returned mine. At $99 though, might retry it, …going to ask the wife.

However, there is this youtube video…
[/quote]

The link is on the write up.
The video makes me want to get 25 or more.

No, I said exactly what I meant.

My experience is that these units are surprisingly loud.
I prefer the brutality of being buffeted by a quiet fan to the clamor of a smooth airflow.
I am a fan of their vacuum cleaners, but not of their fans.

$100+ for a desk fan? It better have a tv in it or something.

The only thing that could be called a truly bladeless fan would be those sharper image ionization doohickeys - which, while smelling nice, are quite ineffective at actually, you know, moving air. At least they don’t make the racket one of these things make, though…

who cares how well it works… LOOK how cool it is! had to get one. 1/3 of the retail price.

The regular price on this fan is about ten times what it’s worth to me. 33% of that price is still too much.

Does anyone have any experience with this fan and scarity-cat pets? “Pukey Pup,” as ThunderThighs nicknamed her, is a rescue and appears fearful of just about everything. It would be nice to find a fan that frightens neither she nor I, but I suspect that the likelihood of this wish might be on par with the chance that I’ll see a pig flying over my house tomorrow.

Oh well, my bad. I guess im just half asleep.

I forgot to ask, could I still make that robot voice on the fan?

I have to admit on thing. I only buy Dyson products when they are on sale.
It is like buying a Jetsons product in a Flintstones world.
You have to respect them for their innovation and technological drive.