Dyson AM03 Air Multiplier - 2 Colors

Did anyone else get the wrong color ? I ordered blue and got white . Which wasn’t even an option. Haven’t tested it out yet but it looks beat up too.

Sorry to hear about the condition of the order you received.

Please write into support@woot.com and let them know.
They’ll be able to answer any questions you have and help find a solution to this problem.

Yup, same here. Got it today, opened the box, and disappointed.
Ordered blue, got white. I’ll see what support says tomorrow. I haven’t put it together, because I don’t like it in white, and may return it.

Those of you getting the wrong color:

CS is aware of the issue and is researching. If you haven’t already, please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

Got an email from support today telling me to contact Dyson warranty. I called them up and they said they wouldn’t have anything to do with the incorrect color being sent. Does anyone at Woot have an update on this issue ?

If they’re unable to help swap the unit (b/c of the color) please email into support@woot.com and let them know that they’re not assisting in a return/swap. They should be able to provide a solution for you.

I sent them an email yesterday before posting here.
Didn’t get a reply yet.

Okay, we’ll go ahead and forward your post and see if Woot Member Services to see if we can find some answers.

Thanks again for your continued patience during this matter.

Any news?
I still didn’t get any answer from support…

same here. no reply back yet

CS is aware of the issue and will delay in responding until a resolution is in place. We appreciate your patience.

I got an email from support now. They don’t have any blue:
“I’m sorry for the mix-up with your order. We have contacted our supplier and unfortunately they do not have any of the Iron/Blue available to send. They are going to send you a $15 coupon for this issue, and you can either return the fan for a full refund or keep it. Either way you get the $15 coupon. Please advise how you wish to proceed. Thanks!”
I’m going to return the white one. I only ordered this because it was offered in blue… and I have a small one in blue already, so they would have matched nicely.

So people that ordered blue and got white are getting coupons but people that ordered white and got a beat up version get nothing. Great. Woot support got back to me and only offered a refund if I send this one back not a replacement. I find that frustrating because I want the fan just not one that looks so bad. I also checked and Woot is still selling the AM03 so why not send me a replacement? (shakes head).

Note to those who got a beat up fan like I did: I was super annoyed when I saw it was all scuffed up. Luckily the aluminum finish is easy to clean, if you take any basic household cleaner (I used Simple Green) all of the scuffs come off.

I know it looks really bad, but I was surprised how easily it came off. Thought my fan was a lost cause but it looks like new with a little elbow grease!

I received a beat up fan as well. Mine has scratches so deep that no amount of household cleaner/polish will help. All around the circumference area are black scratches where the silver paint has come off. :frowning:

I’m sorry to hear that you received a damaged unit.

If you haven’t already, please email into support@woot.com and let them know. They’ll be more than happy to answer any questions or concerns you have about your purchase.

So, Woot rescinded their offer:
“Sorry for the confusion. Dyson was offering a $15 refund if you decided to keep the fan. You returned it and received a full refund.”

What a “classy” move…

Hmmm. Let me check with CS and see what happened. It was supposed to be a refund, not a coupon. It looks like you got the wrong message and that’s our fault, not yours.