Dyson AM04 Hot + Cool Heater/Table Fan

**Item: **Dyson AM04 Hot + Cool Heater/Table Fan
Price: $179.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: Refurbished

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Dyson AM04 Hot + Cool Heater/Table Fan)

[Search Google](https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=shop&q=Dyson AM04 Hot + Cool Heater/Table Fan)

3.5 Star Average Reviews

C|Net video review.

An item that I’ve been looking at for some time now. Still too expensive for me right now though :frowning:

Kind of expensive for a fan that I can’t even yell into for awesome robot voices.

[youtube=MeUVPdwsi0s][/youtube]

Solid reviews (4.1 out of 5.0) straight from dyson.com

[youtube=dRtuwBvqV5c][/youtube]

Check out this brief article (and video) over at engadget.com

Three great reviews (4.7 out of 5.0) over at The O

Elsewhere online it says this unit is 1500 watts. That info probably should be added to the Woot description 'cause ya know a jillion people are going to ask…

[MOD: Done. Thanks!]

Mmm fan.

These are definitely way more effective than the average unit. First of all, are there really dual units like these in the $30 price range? I don’t think so.

I played with one of these in a store just a few days ago. The range between gentle to powerful airflow is awesome. It quickly and easily switches back and forth from heat to cooling. Compared to all the other heat or cooling fan units, it is definitely the quietest. I would have bought it on the spot, except for the price. I am extremely tempted right now. EXCEPT I am always wary of buying refurbished anything. AND, this is still so expensive. It’s a great unit, just not sure it’s worth the price.

Is it ok to give a refurbished fan as a gift?

I’m not a big fan of this.

Too bad this is not the AM05, or I would be all over this… Dyson rates the AM05 33% stronger than the old AM04…

Well done.

If you are considering purchasing this fan recommend you drive down to your local store (Kohl’s in my case) and try out one before you buy. These units tend to be on the loud side and are not as efficient at moving air as standard fans … but they do look cool and produce a non-buffeting airflow (if that is important to you.

$179 for a (refurbished) fan (with heat)? My guess is that this is a fan for someone who would buy a $1500 Mac over a $500 PC or is otherwise looking for a “status” symbol. For the rest of us searching for a deal … you won’t find it here. Move along …

The huge quantity of refurbished Dyson products sold on here–both fans and vacuums–makes one wonder about their build quality. And this is just one outlet for the refurbs. Troubling.

This might be the first time I’ve heard air volume described in traditionally liquid gallon units, rather than in cubic feet.

Another example of the Dyson snake oil technique. He is a master of recasting the common thing. I admire him, seriously. Dyson toaster oven, anyone?