Dyson AM05 Hot+Cool - White

Heating elements almost always are connected direct to the line voltage, a universal switching supply would be expensive for this power, so it’ll be 120V only.

That’ll save you a nickel a day. Payback after 7 years of continuous usage at this price.

I also want to know the votage.
Its 220V or 110V?
Can woot give us a explain?

Bought one of these off Woot! last month. Even though it was a factory reconditioned, it was pretty much new looking. No strange smells (I wanted to make sure the last owners weren’t chain smokers) Our weather here in SC has been all over the place recently, so I have been able to use both Hot and Cool functions just in the past 3 weeks. No complaints at all.

Going . . . Going . . . Going . . .

I purchased this recently from a Woot Off. It was also a refurbished model and the first one we received looked like it was kicked around. It had tons of scratches all over and was dirty. I contacted Woot and they shipped out a replacement asap and that one has no problems.
I really love this product. I bought it for my children’s shared bedroom. It’s a part of our home that’s always chilly. They are older kids who prefer to keep their door closed and it makes it extra cold in there. I wanted something that would really warm up the room but be safe for them and this fits that bill. One of them told me recently “I never thought I’d say that it’s nice and warm in here!” We have no problems with noise (one of my children who sleeps in there has a sensory processing disorder and is extra sensitive to sounds so if it doesn’t bother her, that’s really saying something).
I haven’t seen any changes in our electric bill (the bill just came yesterday and I always check it to see where we are at usage wise). We keep it on a tall dresser and it easily warms the whole room (it’s 15 x 13). I keep it turned off during the day when the are in school and it warms the room fast when they get home. We have only used it a little to cool the room since it’s been so cold here but so far it’s worked well to cool the room as well.

I have write to the DYSON,its 110V,I have confirm that from the tech from DYSON

I just noticed after purchasing this fan that it was recently recalled due to short circuiting issues. Do you guys know if the fan has been engineered to prevent this issue? Am I going to have to take it somewhere to be fixed?

If you have any problems with your purchase it should be carried by a 6 Month Dyson Warranty: http://www.dyson.com/Support.aspx

If you’re unable to find a resolve from Dyson, please email into support@woot.com and let them know.

i guess what i’m asking is have these units been repaired or should we go through Dyson for the recall? If you dont know, that’s fine…just wondering.

Looks like there’s a page on Dyson to see if yours is affected.

https://www.dysonrecall.com/en-US/Info

Maybe I’m expecting too much but this Hot + Cool is less than impressive for heat output. Granted, I live in MI and it’s cold outside, but all I feel is a luke-warm breeze output after it’s been on for 1 hour. Could it be defective? I’m hoping so as I’d love to get my hands on one that actually works as advertised. Even the area where the heat coils are located are not hot to the touch - warm yes but not hot as the manual warns not to touch. Anyone else have this same experience? I’ll play around with it a bit more in hopes that I can get this thing to produce some reasonable results.

That’s fine - and I’ll check as soon as I get the unit - I was just wondering if you guys had inside info regarding whether or not the units were repaired/modified for this issue prior to us purchasing them.