Dyson AM08 Pedestal Fan - Blue

Seriously. It’s a… fan.

Woot customers are probably a little too wise for this type of “luxury” product. (AKA ripoff) It might be a good price comparatively but, it’s a… fan.

It doesn’t have like a TV in it or something?

… a $270 fan. This seems the kind of pretentious BS that would appeal to an Apple fanboy.

That’s what you get for paying that much for …A FAN. Even Bill Gates wouldn’t consider paying some silly British blow hard this much for a fan.

Apple fan girl here…I bought this fan a few months ago. I LOVE it. I have it on oscillation, highest speed, and it feels like a nice strong natural breeze. I’ve never bought a fan of any type before, and the blameless design appealed to me. I also have a portable AC in my bedroom, but this allows me to use the AC much less. So- not speaking about the price or value- just how it looks and functions- I am extremely pleased with it.

You shopped specifically for Dyson branded products? Reviews and price/benefit ratios be damned, I’m buying Dyson. A fool and his money will soon part.

This is one expensive quidditch hoop.

Sure it’s a $270 fan but did anyone notice, it’s adjustable both up And down And get this, it aims forward as well as back.
It’s ground breaking stuff here.

I have one and they are VERY noisy. I thought I would place it near the television but it competes to loudly with the sound system. Avoid. You can get a fan/heater that does the same thing for around $15.00 but it will not look as nice.

Yes, it is expensive. But with a toddler grandchild around the house we decided the Dyson fan’s lack of spinning blades would cost a lot less than a lack of fingers from curious little hands getting into those less expensive box fans. Just sayin’ …

I got mine back in 2 weeks about a month ago. I think the backlog was early on. Now that they went through most of the units, it should be much quicker.

Aren’t box fans like $15 bucks?

Maybe shark will come out with one for $79

Nice try. Any fan sold in the USA in the last 10 years has protective screens much smaller than the smallest child’s fingers.

Sorry, not a “fan”. The impeller is in the base, it’s not a mystery. Real window fans sell for $20, but they don’t have this kind of PR. CAVEAT EMPTOR.

I went to your link and it is $449?? Don’t get your point that ebay is cheaper are you working for Dyson?

Dyson is a master of creating solutions to problems that never existed to begin with.

Seriously. $275 for a fan that doesn’t “chop” the air. When was the last time you ever felt a fan breeze on you and thought, “Man, this air sure is turbulent! Someone should really do something about that.”

Given that the base and intake are so close to the ground, though, and that’s where the fan and motor are instead of being high up above the floor, I’ll bet this thing is a champ at sucking up dust and floating debris from near the floor and venting it right in your face.

It is 289 on Ebay using the link. Not sure if tax is charged.

Thanks for that! (I got mine before the price was raised)