Dyson Ball Animal or iRobot 960 Vacuum

Dyson Ball Animal or iRobot 960 Vacuum

I like my Dyson. Still going after all these years.

2 Likes

I have one of these Dyson’s and I love it works great we have a couple cats and it cleans up their hair with no issues. May pick up another so i don’t have carry it up 3 flights of stairs. i paid 199 as a refurb so 169 is a better price.

1 Like

Does the Rumba 960 come with all the accessories and spares (eg filter, brush etc) as the original?

Caution: I had a Roomba 960 and it ALWAYS got stuck on my dining room rug. If you have rugs with a geometric pattern, the Roomba interprets it as a cliff, and it gets stuck on the rug. IRobot knows of the problem and refuses to do anything about it.

What is the difference between reconditioned and refurbished?

I have both of these, and they’re both AWESOME. Great prices for both too. I just paid $400 for my 960 at Costco a few weeks ago. The 960 does a much better job at navigating around the house and finding its way back to the charger on its own than my cheaper Roomba.

The Dyson never seems like it looses suction, no matter how lazy I get about emptying the dust bin, and the ball makes maneuvering under kitchen cabinets super easy.

Both really great products IMO.

1 Like

Yes, it has all the items necessary to run. Filter & brushes are needed to run.

Factory reconditioning is done by the manufacturer or their designated 3rd party. Refurbished is by a 3rd party.

“Refurbished” covers everything from buyers’ remorse returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checkered past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

A “factory reconditioned” item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. And the original manufacturer stands behind it with a warranty. It’s as close to new as you can get without technically being “new”.

1 Like

Beware the iRobot vacuums. If the online portion was claimed by the previous owner, you cannot use it. No app, no wifi, etc.

[MOD: Per iRoomba: “That’s not true… all of these are factory re-set to default and new customers can absolutely use the app.”]

Yes, it has all the items necessary to run. Filter & brushes are needed to run.

I think the question might have been if it comes with spares. The non-refurbished versions come with a replacement filter/brush in addition to the ones that come installed in the units.

Ooooooooooooooooooooh, let me check.

UPDATE: Spare filters/brushes are not included.

Beware the iRobot vacuums. If the online portion was claimed by the previous owner, you cannot use it. No app, no wifi, etc.

I’d be curious to hear more about this. It might require a call to customer support, but I have to think there’s a way around this issue.

FYI, just chatted with iRobot, here’s the chat log:

Donisha S.: Hi, my name is Donisha S… How may I help you?
sracer2003: Hi, I had a quick question regarding purchasing a factory-reconditioned unit. If the unit has been previously registered to another account, can it be re-registered to mine?
sracer2003: Asking about a 960 specifically.
Donisha S.: That is definitely a great question and would be more than happy in getting this answered for you.
Donisha S.: One moment please, while I gather some information for you. Thank you for your patience.
Donisha S.: Thanks for holding sracer2003! Regarding your question, of course the robot can be registered to your account, however you will need to tell us who is previous owner.
sracer2003: Okay, so in this instance, I would be purchasing it from a re-seller, Woot. So I will not know who the previous owner was. Is it still possible?
Donisha S.: Yes sracer2003, your robot can be registered with us, however the robot will only have a 90 days manufacturer’s warranty with us.
sracer2003: I see. That’s what I needed to know. Thank you!

I would guess the issue of not being able to re-register would be more of a problem with buying a used one off e-bay or craigslist or something, where you don’t know who the previous owner was. I suspect de-registering it is likely part of the factory-reconditioning that they do, and these will likely pair to a new account just as a new unit would.

2 Likes

How does the Dyson do on hardwood floors? I need a vacuum for my shop, and all our floors are hardwood

$299.99 for a refurb old model. Seriously? A NEW Roomba 675 is $299.99.
You guys are a ripoff.

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, maybe the 960 is a better machine. Do your research. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

They both clean the floor, the primary differences are price and new vs used.

Did you even read my post?

Mine works great on hardwood floors!

1 Like

Does this come with a Dual Mode Virtual Wall® Barrier? Or can you specify exactly what’s in the box?