Dyson DC14 All Floors Vacuum

Suckage.

Whipped men.

I bought a refurb Dyson from Woot 3 years ago, and its still the best vacuum I’ve ever tried. Love love love it.

And that’s why I bought one…

I have this exact model, too, and love it. I have two dogs and a cat, so it has to work hard every week.

My only problem with it is you have to completely undo the cord in order to use the handheld part, which is annoying. It’s only a minor quibble considering how well it sucks.

A refurbished Dyson. You buy the vacuum and we’ll throw in other peoples dirt for free.

I have this vacuum in pink (it was a Black Friday special a few years ago). It is fantastic!!! I have never owned a vacuum that was this good at handling dog hair!

I got this one at Fry’s Electronics for $219 and thought THAT was a good buy! Great vacuum, very pleased with performance!!

My question is whether I should just go for this guy, or wait for a Dyson with the ball?

We’ve got a one story house with all hardwood floors, not a bit of carpeting, but a dog and a few pieces of furniture that would need vacuuming as well.

Will this rekindle my love of vacuuming? Will it make my life instantaneously complete?

Hetro men don’t.

sinks to the ground, hands in the air

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I love mine too. I have 2 long hair cats!

Kind of. There’s extra attachments for the Animal, but otherwise they’re the same base unit. See this link for a comparison.

We love our Dyson. It recently got a good workout cleaning up wallboard dust and did quite well.

I bought a DC14 3 or 4 years ago, different accessories, more money, and I love it. As someone else mentioned, the entangled dog and cat hair occasionally has to be cut from the beater bar, but even with that, it is more reliable and cleans better than any other vacuum I’ve owned.

For the life of me, I can’t understand why people get excited about vacuum cleaners. How much money do the manufacturers spend on marketing?

How does this compare to the dc28 animal? does this one suck less thus making it suck more… or does is suck just as much making it less sucky because it’s cheaper?

What…you’ve never been to the supermarket?

Even though it works pretty well, it’s still overpriced

so all those guys that live alone (like me) just magically don’t ever need to vacuum?

If I weren’t connected to Dyson, I’d snatch this up in a heartbeat. This is a full $66 less than overstock and $100 off the best used price available on amazon. These are great vacs, not as cool as the air multiplier, but then again, what is as cool as the air multiplier?