Dyson DC14 Full Kit Upright Vacuum

I bought mine last June on WOOT for 10 bucks more. I’m very happy with it. It looked brand new when I got it, could not tell it was a re-furb.
About the extra filter, I clean mine every few months and need to use the extra filter while the other is drying…very handy.
If I had an extra two-fifty laying around, I’d buy another one for the basement.

Attention Males: This IS a romantic gift if your gal has been using a crappy vacuum for years on end and has learned how to field strip the cheap ones just to try to get them to finish cleaning a 2 room apartment.

We’ve owned the Dyson DC07 for 3 years (it is the predecessor to this model) and it is by far the best vacuum we’ve ever owned. We bought that one as a reman on Amazon for $279 so this is a SUPERB deal. These things NEVER break, so do not sweat this being remanufactured. We’ve had no problems with ours in 3 plus years. I’m a big fan of Consumer Reports but they got it wrong when they didn’t rate the Dyson at the top. The HEPA filter on ours also works great. Before we got it my mom-in-law had problems coming to our house b/c of cat allergies. Now, she rarely has problems. Get this for your wife, she’ll love you for it.

We got an extra filter with ours too. The only time we’ve used it is when we’ve taken out the current filter and washed it. Stuck the 2nd one in while the first one dried. It’s more of a convenience to have 2 than anything else - you only need one.

I have one from the last time they sold this. Awesome unit for a good price. It picks up like nothing I have ever seen and much quieter than my old Panasonic. THe attachments are great and do the job. The commercials don’t lie and I am sure that there is going to be that OTHER vacuum salesman starting his ad campaign on this blog tonight. If that is the case, stay away. No one really needs a $1,000 + vacuum cleaner unless you are a purist. The Dyson does the job well and cleans the air at the same time. If you are in the market, get it! You won’t regret it.

Refurbished with 6 month warranty? All new Dyson vacs carry a 5 YEAR warranty. Might want to spend the extra cash on a new one.

I’ll be the first to say it… “This thing SUCKS!” But wait… it’s supposed to suck! Great gadget at a decent price… Get one!

The song is misleading. It says a “brand new vacuum” but this is a refrub (not r0x0rz).

We go through this every time there’s a dyson vacuum for sale. The extra filter is so you can still use your vacuum while the first filter is drying after being washed.

I got one of these the last time they were up on woot!

Previous forum thread on this:
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1341466

Have had no problems with the one I got. Works a hell of a lot better than the last few vacuums I have had. These are $500 retail new at Costco.

Extra filter is so that you can wash one and have a spare while the one you washed is drying. They are lifetime, you just have to clean them every once in a while.

Edit: Damn, $10 less this time as well. Oh well. I’ve saved at least $10 dollars on replacing belts and bags since I got this.

I have this …and yes you have to about every 6 months wash the filter and if u have a second filter you can use your machine while the first filter dries…
get it??

works goos and i have a collie…lots o hair…

i hit this early this year when it was up…a fantastic purchase; love the performance of it…at this time, at this price, it will sellout more sooner than later…

WIll it get along with my roomba, scooba, and broomba?

I bought one the last time they were on Woot, and love it! Works as well as the marketing pitch says it does!

And BTW, the extra “Lifetime” filter is so you can keep vacuuming while the one in the vacuum is drying after you wash it out, so it actually IS nice to have a spare one!

My wife would love this for Christmas. Anyone got a spare couch I can sleep on after this arrives?

tonight’s wootcast is somewhat reminiscent of flight of the conchords…

I got one of these last time. Ended up with new, even though it said refurbished. Extra lifetime filter is so you have one when the other one is drying. They need to be washed about every other month.

I bought one last time around too. I like it. It wasn’t packed well for shipping, and a piece was broken - and there was one other issue with the mini-turbine head (it was filthy), but customer service was fantastic and both issues were resolved easily and pleasantly.

The extra filter is for use while the other filter is being cleaned/dried.

but the most important thing is…
can it suck a golf ball through a garden hose!?

eleven days til christmas… I don’t think anyone on my christmas list is going to appreciate a vaccum cleaner, so i’m out.

It very much could be if the “Male” includes a quick note, coupon to atleast vaccum for 1 year.