Dyson DC15 The Ball All Floors Bagless Upright Vacuum

I’ve been waiting for Woot to show up with a Dyson, I missed out last time and have been checking in at midnight every evening hoping for one to come along. I’d be in for one, but it’s refurbished, with only a 6 mo warranty, so no go. I’m still planning to buy a Dyson, and hoping to get it from Woot, but I’m going to have to pass on this one.

For what it’s worth: Dyson makes an awesome vacuum, my parents bought a DC 7 a year or so ago after they realized that the central vac that they’d had installed for twice the cost of a Dyson was complete crap. My mom got fed up and bought the Dyson, which my (tight fisted) father was furious about. Until we plugged it in and showed him the light. He was an instant convert.

I’ve been saving my pennies for one, I just don’t want to risk them and buy a product that already has shown some manufacturing issues.

frankly, the ROOMBA does a BETTER job

Your place must be getting very dusty while you wait on woot.

DC 15 is the model number for all of them (unless it’s a DC 07). The name is what identifies them.

Yeow, awesome price for this beast. I already have one, and I am way too cheap to get this as a gift. Pass.

This one is the DC15, the ball. The DC15 Animal version (also with the ball) is purple. Long story short, the DC15 is the “ball” version. The DC14 is yellow, but no ball.

I have the animal version of this vacuum and it is awesome. It picks up all kinds of animal hair and is easy to maneuver. The motor is in the ball which gives it a lower center of gravity which adds to the maneuverability.

Also-- if you don’t want to empty your canister outside, just put a small garbage bag around the canister before you open it and then slowly close the bag… That’s what works for me. I hope this helps!

Check out Boscovs. Pricematch and get your 40 USD instant + 100 USD gift card against woot.

Liammc I know your watching you arse.

Absolutely the best on the market…count me in for one…anyone who is debating it do it!

that’s a subjective judgement… and please don’t call me Frankly

I bought this a few woot’s ago and I love love love it! I have mostly hardwood and a small amount of carpet and it cleans all surfaces better than any vac I have ever owned. I was amazed at how much crud it sucked up off of my supposedly clean floors when I first got it. It is easy to use and easy to empty and the suction is fab.

Well worth the price.

Hover?

Great product, my wife is in awe of ours’

The warranties are different for the referbs.

New = 5 years
Referb = 6 months

If you buy it at Costco.com for $499.99 you get a five year warrantee, a bare floor tool (for “delicate floors”), PLUS an extra lifetime filter–this special is brought to you by redundancy.com.com. You can sell the lifetime filter on ebay for, I dunno, $5. Save big, buy W00t.

No it doesn’t and there is not a single test you can quote that will show that. In fact no non-cyclonic vacuum can compete with a Dyson because after about 30 seconds their filter clogs and their suction id diminished. The cyclonic air flow keeps the dust away from the filter screen so the suction never is compromised. That is what the Dyson patent is all about.

If you are really interested there is a Dyson thread over at fatwallet.com that has quite a bit of info thanks to one very knowledgeable contributer and is now why I respect the Dyson design.

As an example of what I mean:

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/apr2005/nf2005041_8000_db016.htm

Most commonly when I read reviews, they say that while Dyson had the best and most consistent suction… in the end it usually isn’t the best at actually picking up the dirt. That link is a couple years old, so I imagine the design could have improved by now but then so would have other brands.

expensive vac that does not last any longer, nor clean any better than the much less expensive Hoovers and Eurekas!!!

My whole place has hardwood flooring, so I can get by with a swiffer. I just ‘borrow’ my parent’s Dyson when I want to do a thorough job (ie couch cushions, curtains, wand attachment to clean ceiling fans). It would be nice to have my own, though.

The moderator doesn’t have much of a sense of humor. I tried to respond to the comment that said “Another vacuum… that sucks” … but apparently the moderator missed the pun and deleted it.

Teehee… I thought it was funny.