Dyson DC17 All-Floor Vacuum

Yeah, but that’s the DC 18, which, after the introduction of the DC 24 and 25, is bordering on obsolete. While it IS a good price, and it’s much more compact than this guy, you just won’t get as much cleaning power or versatility (as far as accessories are concerned) out of the 18.

I bought one of these a year ago, refurbisshed, for around ~$290 shipped on Amazon. It’s a nice vacuum. Only issues are that it is a little weighty, and it doesn’t get the carpet edges at walls very well. I don’t think there’s a better vacuum at this price point.

EDIT: Just noticed that this is All Floors, not the Animal I got. I also got a lot of chemicals and attachments for my price. So maybe this isn’t such a steal…

A bit so, but when you vacuum with it is relatively easy since there is a separate motor that assists with the pushing and pulling. Think of it as power steering for a vacuum.

It is the most reliable and best vacuums our store sells.

Yep, ex-Sears Floor Care associate here. This vacuum is one of my faves. I AM still waiting for the DC 25 Animal to hit the floor (in a more literal sense than expected, heh) but I’m pretty sure it’ll actually be there when I head to work tomorrow (transferred to Electronics :stuck_out_tongue: )

The electrical cord/ cable length is 35 foot
and it weighs 20.79 pounds.
I have the Dyson DC17 Asthma and Allergy. I purchased it about a week ago.

And I just steam cleaned my carping about two months ago. I have no pets inside the house and I do not smoke. I couldn’t believe the dust and dirt in the canister! And I just ran a vacuum cleaner lightly over the floor for about one minute. I’m very impressed and extremely happy with my new Dyson DC17 Asthma and Allergy vacuum cleaner.

One other thing. It rips wire right out of electronics/ headphones if you don’t see it on the floor. There went $35 LOL

We have had the DC-24 and DC-25 for a better part of the year. Those things are like the ATVs of vacuums. They can go over any terrain without adjusting/pressing anything while maintaining its suction.

Have fun with those. :smiley:

Dimensions 43.5 x 13.2 x 16.7 inches (HxWxD)
Weight 20.56lbs

i don’t care if you question my sexuality, but that is one handsome vacuum.

So is this the “Animal” version? Someone said it’s an All Floor and not the Animal. Are those mutually exclusive things? I thought this only came in two varieties: The Allergy one and the Animal one. Are both “all floor”?

Yeah, we’ve had 'em for about…five months now, I think. I love them to death; the DC 25 is one of the very few vacuums I’d take over this offer. I like to frolic around the cash registers, keeping all the carpets clean with that little bugger. That’s why I’m so excited by the DC 25 Animal release. It’s priced a bit higher ($50 more in my store, eek) but hopefully it’ll include the accessories I’ve grown to appreciate in the Animal series.

sigh Aaaaanyway. :smiley:

so do they not suck as much as this dyson or do they suck more than this dyson? please define “worse” thanks.

Yeah, as I mentioned, I’m still awaiting some sort of official word from Woot. Considering the color scheme, it’s most likely the Animal, but again that’s assuming Woot’s selling what they’re displaying :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: The “included” stuff, according to Woot, lists the All-Floor, a “brush tool,” and the manual. Um…either they’re leaving stuff out of the description, or this is missing a few attachments.

I bought one of these. Refurb means the box is ugly. Breat vacumn–great design

If it is purple then yes it is an Animal.

But the woot descriptions show that it comes with a brush tool, user manual, and vacuum. No where it mentions the extra attachments that normally come in the set.

Like I’ve mentioned before the only difference in the actual vacuum itself is the color. What differentiates the Animal and Allergy are the attachments; attachments can be sold separately.

Exactly! Problem is, when you factor in the price of those additional attachments, along with the fact that this only lists a 6 month warranty from Dyson (probably due to refurbitude,) you might just be better off looking for it new on sale. shrug

all that uber technology/price and they’re still too stupid to find a way to include an automatic cable rewinder that half the cheapo units come with. i guess they’re saving that for the $799 model.

Ok, I’m not buying one, because I already have one. :slight_smile:

But I have had this model for over a year and wanted to let everyone know it is an excellent deal! I have a dog, two cats, and a wife that all shed hair…everywhere. This is the only vacuum in all my 32 years I have seen keep suction power like it did from day 1.

My favorite part is the extension pole that is in the handle, so easy to use I actually suck up the hairballs under heavy furniture and get dust from my ceiling fans. who knew they were brown, not gray? :slight_smile:

It sux in the best way possible! (get your minds out of the gutter and go buy one of these vacuums while you can!)

Like I’ve mentioned before, purchase it from here. Find some coupons (we take competitor ones, and expired BBB coupons) and use it towards the attachments.

Or test your luck and return it to any BBB store and get the store credit for the vacuum itself (which looks like will be higher than the value you purchased it here on woot). No guarantee but I’d put my money on it.

The dyson site says this vacuum is “supposed” to come with the “low reach floor tool” and the “mini turbine head”. Combined at retail, those cost $120.00.

http://www.dyson.com/store/product.asp?product=DC17-ANIMAL&spotlight=box

It also should come with a “carpet care kit”, but I’m not quite sure what that is.

Amazon has this vacuum (also refurb) with both of those attachments for $337.00 shipped: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012XMT2G