Dyson DC18 Slim All-Floor Vacuum

Can get a new one on Ebay for just a little more.

We’ve got the Dyson Animal (DC-17). The amount of pet hair it sucks up is astounding. Kinda
makes one wonder about what was cohering to the carpet BD (Before Dyson).

The reason why so many dyson’s are on here and (refurbished) is because 9 out of 10 times the clutch goes out on them. So after about 2-3 years depending on how often you use it, many people experience the loud grinding sound. This means the clutch went bad. And to have it repaired outside the warranty service is anywhere from $200-$250. So think wisely before dropping an arm and a leg on this product, consider buying something with more metal / quality built parts! Its a great concept, give it a little more time though. I personally have bought 4 so far, all have broken. (DC07, DC14, DC17, DC14). The repair shop I took it to was full of broken dyson’s people traded in for Simplicity vacuum’s or similar. Happy Wooting all! P.S. the 3M air purifier on Sellout, is a great buy! bought it at BB for around 85 on clearance. And it works great with pets, dust AND ofcourse Pollen!

Second that. I bought the D7 for the wife this month on a Wally World special. Our jaws dropped at what came out of 6-month old carpet. Can’t speak for the slim (sounds like plenty of others have), but the “grown-up” Dysons are freaking amazing, just awkward in tight spaces.

I have been waiting for a Dyson on WooT since a day or two after the last one (thats when I joined)

I was so fed up waiting I went on EBAY and found the DC 17 Absolute, their highest make of Dyson for 300$ with 30$ shipping. Dyson makes a GREAT vacuum, I was highly impressed.

If I couldnt dish out the extra 60$ or so I would definitely go for this.

probably dirt

Is there any website out there that compares and rates all of the Dyson models to tell us which one is really the better one?

This vacuum has great reviews on Amazon, and MSRP is $470.

Yeah I know that, but is there a site which compares all the models and tells you which one is the best?

The deal is that these are returned units that didn’t meet the expectations for the price. This decision was made after careful discussion with the spouse and found Hoover, Eureka and most others do just as good of job for half the price.

Also, this version doesn’t have the magic “ball wheel” which I think is really desirable as seen on TV during a commercial break when I watch “Science Fiction Theater” on my black and white TV from the 60s.

Another way to answer your question is do you purchase refurbished toilet paper? I hope not as I certainly don’t.

If you’re going to spend this amount of money on a vacuum cleaner I would recommend getting an Electrolux. My mother had one that lasted at least 10 yrs. I’ve got an Electrolux and love it. Wouldn’t ever get anything else.

too bad i already bought a roomba…

this woulda looked good in my “futuristic vacuum” collection.

No thanks, I’ll stick to my cheap vacuums.

If there’s stuff stuck so deeply in my carpet that I need this monster to get it out, one would think said crap wouldn’t be released by normal traffic, anyway. I’d prefer it stay nice and hidden deep within the carpet.

Bin capacity: 0.45 gal. Is that good? I hate having to stop and empty the bin (or replace the bag) constantly.

I giggled with delight throughout the whole description, one of the best ones I’ve read in a while :slight_smile:

dood… don’t even start this crap… Dyson FTW!

They forgot about Slim from the Jim Croce song “You don’t mess around with Jim”. Me things that the Dyson couldn’t stand up to that Slim… Then again neither could any of the other Slims… (grin)

David

wikipedia has a good list with descriptions of all their model, along with all the variants

I wouldn’t laugh at it being a refurb… I got the DC-15 last year when it was on Woot and I couldn’t tell it was a refurb. It was just as good as new in my opinion and it worked great.

Dyson’s aren’t that great. Slightly better than the regular store brands, but not worth the money imo.