Dyson DC23 Canister Vacuum

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Dyson DC23 Canister Vacuum
$199.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Oh good, something completely different.

(Just beating y’all to the punch. :tongue:)

Happy birthday!

is it any good?

This vacuum sucks! I mean it sucks everything up really well. Best vacuum ever own. Worth every penny.

There’s an elephant In that thumbnail I said when this was for sale 2 months ago.

Hyperlinking some posts from the great WhatsamattaU
Product website

Help page

Manual

Gadgeteer review

Endgadget review

My wife and I bought one of these on sale at Costco. We absolutely love it. The power is amazing, and the attachments are excellent for what we use it for. We are students, and renting a townhouse, so we don’t have any of the 20-foot ceilings or anything like that, but it does our hard and carpeted floors very well, and if we had the need, the extension probably reaches a good 6 feet when fully extended. In a nut shell - it is an awesome vacuum and well worth the price if you are looking for a good all-around everyday vacuum.

OK Woot, you want to play dirty? I’m claiming plagiarism… that’s right, you stole from my creative genius!! To quote your description… “But you take the good, you take the bad, you take 'em both, and there you have… something” Something?? See my posts for my very original Bags of Crap theme song…

You take the good, you take the bad,
you take them both and there you have
The Bags of Crap, the Bags of Crap.

The bags of crap is all about you

Go ahead, sing it out loud, it feels even better than it sounds.

Ha!!! Woot writers exposed as copycats!! Now go on back to your little vacuum cleaner…

Or it could be this.

I have this vacuum… and I have to say it definitely DOES improve air quality from pet hair for those that are sensitive or allergic to your lovely little balls of scratchy eyes & sneezes.

My cousin is allergic to dogs so anytime she’d come in the house something would immediately trigger her sneezing fits and red eyes. But after we started using this that was a thing of the past. I especially love the ease of doing the stairs with this. Super easy.

My only downside is the canister could be larger! After all, dogs have A LOT of fur… or at least my long-haired golden retrievers do!

How is the quality of the refurb?

We just got our DC14 that we ordered off Woot! a week or so ago, and I have to say I was completely disgusted by what was in my carpets! With the caveat that this isn’t the same vacuum I’ve experienced, I fully support getting one if you’ve been on the fence the past 50 times they showed up. =P

Ours came out of the box looking brand new, and sucking like it was too. Can’t speak to the longevity of the product yet, but it seems to be working amazingly.

can i suck liquid with this? i assume it can since it goes thru no bags, filters or motors…just centrifugal force, which would spin the water back.

Ah that brings back memories, but no TT, nope. No resemblance, nothing like my super creative theme song. I will sue woot for millions, enough to ensure a life of luxury and leisure…unless the Woot-torneys will settle for a qualities post :slight_smile:

You, sir, drive a hard bargain.

Sorry, but no. In the included instructional manual it clearly states that you should never suck up liquids due to the hoses having electrical connections.

A DC-23?
No thanks, I clean my house with a DC-10…

the hose has electrical connections? i didnt think it have any, that is why it has a wind powered beater brush.

This model is for those of us who like houses on firm foundations with walls that haven’t been blasted 2 zipcodes away…