Dyson DC24 All-Floors Vacuum

Isn’t that Dyson in a nutshell?

Well, the way they advertise it makes it obvious how gimmicky it is.

I don’t know about anyone else but I’ve never had the inclination to race my vacuum cleaner around my house (except maybe when I was 6…) As such, I don’t care how “well” it handles “corners”. I’m not doing laps, if anything I’m continually parallel parking the vacuum cleaner sans obstacles. I’ve never seen anyone not do the back and forth dance with a vacuum, except - of course - on Dyson commercials that praise the “ball”.

Sounds like from the reviews that no questions asked, the Shark vacuum that Woot sells from time to time is far better than THIS version of Dyson.

No, that’s Apple.

Someone should do a study on how many Apple owners also own Dyson products.

Man, you ain’t even lived.

This item sucks… Enough with the effing vacuums.

Does Dyson just have such a large problem selling their vacuums that they have to hand them off to woot?

The ball is no gimmick. Perhaps some of you don’t care how well your vacuum handles corners and love getting an extra workout while you suck, but I love being able to make it around furniture with the twist of my wrist.

Odd - I’ve had this vacuum for about four years, and I love it. Maybe my DC24 is different than yours, but all the pieces are still together (although I’ll give you that the pedal is so flimsy that I’m surprised it hasn’t broken yet), and the cord is long enough to do an entire floor without having to move outlets. Then again, perhaps my measly house is no match for your mansion :slight_smile:

Your email, that you had said was pretty funny, I am on the same page with you, I dont have a mansion neither, and the dyson does what I need also

Don’t you post this every time a Dyson is up? Very well, I will respond as I have before: The concern is really only in regard to wool carpets potentially being damaged by vacuums with overly-vigorous brush bars. Dyson is apparently thought to have a very aggressive brush action. If you don’t have wool carpets, there’s no issue. I note that the manual for this model indicates that one can turn off the brush.

Great idea, I think it should be along the lines of the old Mickey Mouse Club - the original one. Monday could be Vacuum Cleaner day, Tuesday could Dell day, Wednesday could be two for tuesday, oh wait,better not mess with that, Tuesday will be two for Tuesday day, Wednesday will be Dell day, Thursday will be LCD Television day and Friday will be wireless router day!

I needs me a vacuum, but I guess I’ll hold off for the next round.

It’s comments like these that actually make me wonder if firms like Dyson make a model specifically for sale on Woot. Many firms like Nike make products specifically for the outlet mall store market that you are simply never going to find in one of their retail stores. Okay, back to my conspiracy theories.

Agreed, seems like the same demographic

Video comparing DC24 vs DC25:

I’m going to post this again: there are better vacuums than this, even at this price or less (Hoover Platinum, Bissell Cleanview, or even a cheap Tempo Widepath). If your vacuum budget is significantly higher, get a Miele instead.

I’ve owned both a Dyson and Miele and can say I wouldn’t recommend spending your money on a Dyson – they’re all hype.

Check out the full review:

http://www.ultraconsumer.com/?p=7

Edit: I should mention that the Dyson up for Woot this time is one of the most inferior models they produce (including the refurbished DC-14 that I owned).

I own a DC07, the “first” Dyson model. Bought it back in 2004, and it still works great. After about 5 years of continuous use, it started to smell like dogs whenever it was turned on – I eventually figured out that there was a lot of trapped dander in the cyclone that was slowly releasing over time. I dunked and sloshed the cyclone in the tub for about ten minutes, and problem solved!

As vac’s go, it’s the best I’ve had over the years…

i just wanna know a coupon code for free shipping or something. anybody got anything?

About $100…

I can picture it now. “WOOT! Edition Dyson, vacuums up ONE great type of dirt item a day!” Maybe that’s not quite right…